Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best way to play Anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hydrogencar

12-19-2010

Quote:
LoudChickenQueef:
id say stack AP and Mana/regen 4 archangels 1 zhonya's and 1 mekai's super high ap and super high mana and regen

This is plain stupid. Don't ever, ever stack Archangels unless your name is Karthus.

Anivia should start with a Rod of Ages and then go Abyssal, if they have mages. If not, go straight up for Zhonjas or even Mejais if you are doing good. She uses lots of mana, so make sure to have Golem ALWAYS. And grab Clarity+Ignite or Clarity+Flash.
Clarity is gonna allow you to spam your skills early and win your lane against pretty much everyone. If you get in danger, you have your egg + flash.
Early your combo is Q + E. But when you hit 6 its basically Ult for 1 second, then E. Takes less mana then Q aswell.

Edit: If facing many ADs, time to get Frozen Brain. Also get HP elixirs everytime you get a kill/assist.

hydrogencar

12-19-2010

Quote:
TehKaster:

1: You have a pre-made team with a really good support and really good tank who will NOT let you die, sure, go glass cannon, if you can farm enough. Trust me, 4 AAS, Sorc Boots, Zhonya's hits A LOT. And if you have stuns up the butt, with heals and a lot of CC, there's not much to worry about.
3. They have a lot of physical carries and they focus you like no other (which is very possible). I'd say a lot of health and a lot of armor. Warmog's/Thornmail.

As you can see. Anivia is a very sitational champ. Hardly every will you find going for the exact same item sequence working as well as you'd hope after, say, 5 or so games in a row with her.

Not to sound all pro or anything. Just adding my two cents. Hope I've helped.

No. Stacking Archangels is NOT worth it. You can still deal a shtload of dmg while having nearly 3k HP with RoA and elixirs. Never stack Archangels, seriously.

Also Warmogs. Never get Warmogs on Anivia. Never. Unless it's 70 minutes in the game.

Also not sure if you are trolling when you said : "not so sound all pro or anything".

Dark Sativa

12-19-2010

Do not get anything tank on anivia. Good anivias don't get hit. All AP, baby. She is one of the most skill dependent champions who is capable of the sickest rape in LoL. Combo's and gank dodging are what separates the great from the feeders, and there's really no middle ground.

TehKaster

12-19-2010

Quote:
hydrogencar:
No. Stacking Archangels is NOT worth it. You can still deal a shtload of dmg while having nearly 3k HP with RoA and elixirs. Never stack Archangels, seriously.

Also Warmogs. Never get Warmogs on Anivia. Never. Unless it's 70 minutes in the game.

Also not sure if you are trolling when you said : "not so sound all pro or anything".

I was kinda messin around with the stacking AAS... I've only done it once and would never in a ranked game.

Also, tanking items on Anivia? Probably not, but survivability items on her, heck yeah. Sure you can be the best Anivia ever, but you WILL get hit. Whether it may be not much, or a lot, you're not a ghost. Heh.

And I wasn't trolling, I don't think? I was being sincere in saying that I'm not a pro. Because I'm definitely not. Lol

M0b1us

12-19-2010

Here's what I use.
1. Ruby Crystal
2. Catalyst
3. Boots of speed
4. Kage's
5.Tear of goddes
6. Sorc shoes
7. Archangel
8. RoA
9. Zhonyas
10. Void staff
11. Deathfire

I have switched some items around like trading Void staff for Meja's, I just get meja's right after tear. RoA is just generic, I will sometimes switch it for banshee's if needed. Kage's was a recent addition. I didn't need the extra nuke power from deathfire, but then I like the extra income and the CD reduction later on and it seems to work. Deathfire also helps bring tanks down. Archangel is a must on Anivia IMO. Lets say she has 4000 mana at level 18. Archangel then gives you an extra 120 AP. I have also been considering frozen heart if the team is attack heavy. It gives a nice defense boost and 25% CD reduction.

Stacking archangels gives you the highest AP. I believe you needed 5 AA and a zhonyas to have the highest (without runes). Alone, 5 AA would give you 2000 mana, and 300 AP (not counting the mana you naturally have). But I wouldn't try it in a ranked. Just too easy to counter. I hit somewhere around 1400 AP in a practice game.

For spells, I prefer flash and teleport. A good Anivia player will be smart enough not to waste mana early game so clarity is not needed. Flash is good for closing the distance and getting through your own walls. It's pretty funny when you throw a wall in front of you then flash over it as someone's chasing you. Teleport will allow you to go back to base early game for that first key item and then get back spending almost no time at all losing exp.

Remember, there is no 'best' way to play Anivia. My method is designed to drop huge damage even through magic resist, the downfall is that I have less defensive capabilities, so I have to play smarter.

To everyone that does think that their way is best, L2P.