Best way to play Anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

12-19-2010

So ive just played a few games with her. Im doing alright but ridiculously squishy. Is it really worth going for AP with her? Just the AP ratios dont seem that good and you need to get quite close to use most abilities.

Im thinking
Sorc boots
Abysmal (MR/AP/Mpen)
Then tanky stuff (BV/FoN/Sunfire etc)

Or is it better to still make her as a glass cannon nuker?

LethalYarn

12-19-2010

How is 1:1 not good ratios?

Shields Up

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

Her AP ratio's don't seem GOOD?! Both her Q and E have ratio's of one if you hit with both ticks on the q and smack someone who's chilled with your e. Her ulty has a poor ratio, yes, but it does tick pretty damm quickly.

She IS very squishy, but she also has a stun and two slows (one packaged with the stun), not to mention the wall. Build a Rod regardless, excellent stats across the board. Other than that, AP works just fine, with your standard counter-items thrown in (E.g Thornmail against a heavy Melee team, stuff like that).

lmaonade200

12-19-2010

although i am probably not the best person for advice on anivia, i see her as a burst damage champion, so even if you build her tanky try to cross between the 2 (items have give AP and some sort of defense:hp/armor/mr), if you have too little AP you won't be able to finish off opponents as well in team fights (granted you have a proper team that sees you as a large burst damage champion), you have a wall and a stun but that isn't enough utility to make you gimp your AP in favor of defense.

Asylumseeker

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB Sheila View Post
Her AP ratio's don't seem GOOD?! Both her Q and E have ratio's of one if you hit with both ticks on the q and smack someone who's chilled with your e. Her ulty has a poor ratio, yes, but it does tick pretty damm quickly.

She IS very squishy, but she also has a stun and two slows (one packaged with the stun), not to mention the wall. Build a Rod regardless, excellent stats across the board. Other than that, AP works just fine, with your standard counter-items thrown in (E.g Thornmail against a heavy Melee team, stuff like that).
ah yes. i didnt think about the fact Q can hit twice and E does double damage. Makes a lot more sense making her AP now thank you.

SySerror

12-19-2010

Anivia has great AP ratios and great instant nuking with her QE combo. I build her

Mana crystal 2hp pots
farm till cata and lvl1 boots then go buy them
if you're doing great then get mejais and a tear if you can afford it
somewhere around here get lvl2 boots of your choice (i dont like boots of speed but alot of good anivia players love them)
then build archs

get blue buff at lvl 7 and above
wait till about lvl 15 or 16 to finish your ROA (to get some nice benefit from cata)
build zring
and then get situational

if they are stacking MR then void staff and abyssal work great
if they are alot of casters then abyssal and bviel work great

if they are alot of dps (well you should just kill them in the face before they get to you) but maybe get some life and armor like say warmogs and thornmail

guardian angle works great on her because then they have to kill you 3 times and by then if you have a good team they will be all nice and dead

skills
q
e
e
w
e
r

then r>e>q>w

your wall gives site so dont be afraid to scout those bushes with it.

try to have blue whenever possible and make sure your team knows that you need it most under all circumstances

D3m0nCh1ck3n

12-19-2010

id say stack AP and Mana/regen 4 archangels 1 zhonya's and 1 mekai's super high ap and super high mana and regen

I pwnz u now

12-19-2010

^ Sure get 4 3k gold items, one 4k gold one and then, don't forget about that mejai's. That would take just about 1300 minion kills.

Also, what are boots?

I'd listen to SySerror. He seems to have a good idea. But you could make a rod before an AA depending on the other team's comp or if you're getting focused too much.

Mejai's is really awesome on anivia if you can pick up the kills/assists. Once you get 10 or so stacks you start to really wreck people.

Consider a void staff lategame.

On GA - I've never ever taken that item. 750 hp? Are you joking? Let's hope their team just sits there and takes the beating and waits for you to respawn so you can take them 5v4 (maybe?) with you two hits away from death.

If a team focuses you you're dead. If you go out of position you're dead. Position yourself so you don't die and don't get a GA.

Cenerae

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pwnz u now View Post
On GA - I've never ever taken that item. 750 hp? Are you joking? Let's hope their team just sits there and takes the beating and waits for you to respawn so you can take them 5v4 (maybe?) with you two hits away from death.

If a team focuses you you're dead. If you go out of position you're dead. Position yourself so you don't die and don't get a GA.
Sure, you don't revive with a ton of health, but GA also gives you a lot of armor and a bit of MR. For survivability it's a decent item, without considering the self-rez. It can be good if you get picked off in a teamfight - it's unlikely someone is going to sit and wait for you to pop back up unless your team runs off and abandons you to die. You may be able to get away with flash and your wall if you still have it, then once safe you can rejoin the fight.

There's also the consideration that an Anivia with a GA and her egg up is a pain in the ass to kill <_<

TehKaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

As many would say, it is very situational.

If...
1: You have a pre-made team with a really good support and really good tank who will NOT let you die, sure, go glass cannon, if you can farm enough. Trust me, 4 AAS, Sorc Boots, Zhonya's hits A LOT. And if you have stuns up the butt, with heals and a lot of CC, there's not much to worry about.
2. You're solo queue and your team decides that tanks/support are overrated, it's better off you go support for them. Getting high armor, magic resist(when needed), IE Frozen Heart, Abyssal, as well as Banshee's and Merc Boots, then AAS or something to do a little damage, but keep up your defenses, placing walls well, etc, aiding the team and trying not to KS other potentially good carries.
3. They have a lot of physical carries and they focus you like no other (which is very possible). I'd say a lot of health and a lot of armor. Warmog's/Thornmail.
4. They have a lot of magical damage and they focus you like no other (also very possible). Abyssal, Banshee's,GA, and then health, etc.

As you can see. Anivia is a very sitational champ. Hardly every will you find going for the exact same item sequence working as well as you'd hope after, say, 5 or so games in a row with her.

Not to sound all pro or anything. Just adding my two cents. Hope I've helped.