What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whyumai

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm curious as to what items would you guys like to see in game?

Let's lay some ground rules first. I'm not going to respond to your post unless it meets the following criterion:

1) You explicitly define what problem/hole in itemization that you see in our game, or explicitly list a few champions that will *most* synergize with it.
I'd like to create an item for support characters that's based around detection, movement and aura support. Also:
- More upgrade Paths for Sapphire Crystal (there's currently more paths for ruby!)
- Mana Manipulator gains a upgrade Path other then Soul Shroud
- Support Item with Movement Speed rather then a Movement Boost
- Another Item that provides a decent amount of Mana (useful for Manamune or Archangel's Staff as well as helping out with Mana issues early game)
- % Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration as an Aura.
- another CDR Item.

Quote:
2) You list everything about the item: Stats, Gold Cost, Recipe, etc.
Whyumai's Ward Detector [800]
Sapphire Crystal [400] + Combine [400]
+200 Mana
Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 10%
UNIQUE Active: Places a invisible Alarm which will glow red (normally glows blue) if there is an invisible item within 1000 range. Alarm lasts 3 minutes, CD: 2 Minute
NOTE: Alarm does not provide Vision. Max Alarms at any one time: 3.

Whyumai's WindWalker [1175]
Sapphire Crystal [400] + Mana Manipulator [475] (Faerie Charm(180) + Faerie Charm (180) + Combine (115)) + Combine (300)
+200 Mana
+ 5% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Aura: Restores 7.2 Mana per 5 seconds to yourself and nearby friendly Champions.

Whyumai's Wild Hope [2975]
Whyumai's Ward Detector [800] + Whyumai's WindWalker [1175] + Combine [1000]
+ 500 Mana
+ 10% Movement Speed
+ 10 Mana regeneration per 5 seconds.
UNIQUE Aura: Your Champion and nearby friendly Champions gain 10% Armor Penetration and 30 Magic Penetration
Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 20%
UNIQUE Active: Places a invisible Alarm which will glow red (normally glows blue) if there is an invisible item within 1000 range. Alarm lasts 3 minutes, CD: 1 Minute
NOTE: Alarm does not provide Vision. Max Alarms at any one time: 3.

Quote:
3) You explain why the item solves the problem that you defined in #1.7
The idea here is to create a method to detect warding. While oracles do this as well, this would provide early game detection for wards particularly useful for blue/red buffs, dragon, and baron as well as useful in lane. Allowing support characters to bring more utility to the battlefield as well as providing early game information on warding patterns.

Furthermore this item builds to an item that provides both Magic Penetration (which is a hard stat to get) and % Armor Penetration (of which there is only one other items that provides this). % Magic Penetration can currently be higher then % Armor Penetration so this should help balance that out. This should help provide incentive for players to gather around their support champions (which doesn't always happen) and provide a good boost to movement speed so that the support champion can get in and out of combat, while not increasing their survivability (so if they get caught in combat they will die).

It should hopefully be useful without being too powerful.

Pöseidon

01-23-2011

Problem: Hexdrinker seems silly to get with an AP character but it would be really nice to get sometimes.
Solution: Make a second option for Hexdrinker that simply gives AP instead of AD and leave the rest the same.

Skreeg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

Two of my favorite items are Abyssal Scepter and Glacial Shroud. However, I feel stupid buying Shroud when I need CDR but the enemy team has tons of magic damage, and stupid buying Abyssal when the enemy team has tons of physical. Having some more options would really give more build options to Morgana and Kennen style champs that are squishy and AP but need to be right in the thick of things.

Positron Mail
Chain Vest (700) + Blasting Wand (860) + 1100 Gold = 2660 Gold
+50 Armor
+55 AP
+30 Magic Penetration

Cloak of Lucidity
Kindlegem (850) + Negatron Cloak (740) + 210 Gold = 1800 Gold
+20% CDR
+50 MR
+200 HP

Having these items would grant squishy AP characters some more logical choices when trying to itemize against the enemy team. Due to their similarities to existing items, I don't feel that these would afford these champions unreasonable toughness.

Phenie

01-24-2011

This was just an item idea I had awhile back, there isn't a 'problem', just I think it would be a nice option on a number of champions.

Item: Therrat's Tome of Cognizance
Fiendish Codex [1245G]
Kindlegem [850G]
Combine [505G]
Total Cost: 2600G

+40 Ability Power
+300 Health
+10 Mana Regeneration per 5
UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 20%.
UNIQUE Active: Reduces all ability cooldowns by 5 seconds. (90 second cooldown)

Theory: Lots of champs rely on getting off a nice combo to really hurt people - Ezreal/Swain are good examples. They then tend to back off and wait till their cooldowns are down to do it again. This will sacrifice damage on the combo (you'll be spending less on AP and whatnot) in order to allow you to potentially run through all your skills twice in a single attack.

Torrential

01-24-2011

Problem: Wit's End and Hexdrinker offer viable semi offensive, semi defensive stats for physical attackers, but only against MR, Madred's Razor/Bloodrazor has armor and attack damage on it and in the case of bloodrazor speed, but it's super expensive and doesn't offer much defense as compared to its offensive stats, so my suggestion is an Item with AS and Armor on it

Maybe

Item: Bow of Dominion

Recurve Bow - 1050 gold
Chain Mail - 700 gold

Combine - 800

Total - 2550

40% AS
50 Armor

Unique Aura - Reduces the attack damage of nearby enemy champions by 20

Basically an armor counterpart to Wit's End

Bobby

01-24-2011

Banshee's Veil is IMO overpowered against mages, especially when there are 5 Banshees on the enemy team. This makes it more skill based and also if you are a fighting say, an Ashe doesn't completely waste your Banshees with a volley.

Randy's Pail
450 Health
400 Mana
52 Magic Resist
On Use: Places a Spellbucket around you for 4 seconds absorbing one spell effect. (30-45 second CD.)

2900 gold

Catalyst + Negatron Cloak + 835g combine cost

With the removal of banshees, it makes it skill based and not completely brainless. There is still a problem of it probably being a 100% buy. But that's the same with Banshees atm. At least it solves brainless stacking and completely obliterating mages.

stopjaywalking

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohmageblanc View Post
Oh my god. I can't even imagine what a Galio could do with that item.
Holy sh..., it could be awesome on my Blitzcrank
Nevermind that... Amumu would cry because he's happy for once.

Vindrel

01-24-2011

While I don't have an actual weapon per say, I would like to see more melee DPS only items, like youmuu's ghost blade. However, instead of an offensive focus, I would like a defensive focus with an offensive or defensive active that only works with melee champs. My reasoning behind this is melee DPS needs to buy survivability, more than their ranged counterparts, which is why Beefy DPS is so good because you scale off of this beef.

Melee needs a melee only item that can help them stay in the thick of the fight

Devious Rogue

01-24-2011

PROBLEM: Some players consider wards too expensive

ITEM 1 Cheap Ward

Costs 25gp
Can see visible units
Visible, can be seen by enemies
Lasts 3 minutes after being placed
3 can be stacked into one slot

ITEM 1 Cheap Vision Ward

Costs 50gp
Can see invisible units
Visible, can be seen by enemies
Lasts 3 mintues after being placed
3 can be stacked into one slot

Hotarukin

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindrel View Post
While I don't have an actual weapon per say, I would like to see more melee DPS only items, like youmuu's ghost blade. However, instead of an offensive focus, I would like a defensive focus with an offensive or defensive active that only works with melee champs. My reasoning behind this is melee DPS needs to buy survivability, more than their ranged counterparts, which is why Beefy DPS is so good because you scale off of this beef.

Melee needs a melee only item that can help them stay in the thick of the fight
A weapon with an active that generates a shield or massive lifesteal for attacking, reduced effect for ranged, sound about right?

Scarab Broach
Emblem of Valor + Catalyst + Recipe
~300 Health
~350 Mana
~17% Life Steal
Unique Aura: Nearby Champions gain ~10 health regen/5.
Unique Active: Attacks you make generate a shield lasting for 6 seconds, the shield is equal to ~50% of the damage you deal (~17% for ranged). Effect lasts 4 seconds. (60s cooldown) Could instead be ~100% lifesteal for 6 seconds.

Shield bonus is an On-Hit effect, Lifesteal would be treated as usual. Adjust values as needed, obviously

Reasoning: Catalyst seemed ideal, it's the item that has really interesting effects with everything it attaches to, and it's a good item for a lot of characters. Emblem of Valor is already usually taken to make Stark's Fervor, and is only used in one recipe (despite being a very interesting item).

It sounded like an active means of becoming extremely tanky for a short period of time (and rewarding you for doing your job well as a Melee DPS)

Cons: Extremely powerful for characters like Olaf and Tryndamere who already have high output at low health levels (meaning the shield is probably more powerful than the lifesteal). Also problematic on characters who focus heavily on lifesteal/sustain: Xin and Warwick come to mind.

Pros: Adds an item for characters like Irelia, who, if built as a heavy DPS lacks survivability. Provides another decision point (Fight or Flight) for both players.

Pro/Con: Gives additional benefits (similar to lifesteal) for gaining offensive stats over survivability, while giving itemization bonuses for choosing MR or Armor over health.

Personally feeling: I don't feel that items that have different effects for melee/ranged should exist, as a whole. It feels clunky to me. Riot seems to disagree, as does the guy above, so I'm throwing an idea in to help him out. Also, this item would be blatantly OP on a ranged carry without the 1/3 effect portion, I think.