Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheriffV2

08-24-2012

Where is our promised AD Caster item?

I'd really love to see an item with any combination of the following and/or a Unique effect:
- Attack Damage
- Armor Penetration
- Cooldown Reduction
- Spell Vamp

Basically, a better Brutalizer, possibly built out of it. I know Spell Vamp is super tricky to balance. Because an item with AD/SpellVamp would probably be taken by AD Carries as well. A way to balance it might be to have a diminishing return, the Vamp starts off high and gets lower as you level.

That way, it'll be more on par with how Vamp Scepter vs Revolver is in regards to early sustain.

Afortuna

08-24-2012

It would be nice if we can deconstruct, for a price, an item that was built.

willowtree

08-24-2012

More MR item
Spellmail(name can be changed)
banshee's veil plus 400 gold
gives 100 MR
U. passive; returns 20% of magic damage back to dealers

*i just want something that makes it easier to stack MR

bigfriendsmen

08-25-2012

New MR item for tanks with CDR built in as well as respectable health. For end-game MR items currently there are 2 options for tanks, Force of Nature and Banshees Veil. You could argue Abyssal Scepter and it is very popular due to its aura, but it does not give much survivability. Out of these items only Banshees Veil gives health, but it also includes mana, making it a turn off for tanks who do not use mana (ie Shen/Mundo) as well as for "tanky dps" characters looking for a purely defensive MR item (ie Morde/Shyvanna/Renekton).

Additionally there are currently 2 great item choices for tanks with Armor/CDR (Randuin's and Frozen Heart) but the only MR+CDR items are currently Athene's (a caster item) and Spirit Visage (a mid-game item with not stellar total stats). This item would address the need for tanks who need MR as well as CDR (arguably all tanks.)

Item Name: Something good and magical sounding (Mageweave Armor?)

Item Build:
Negatron Cloak 740
Giant's Belt 1110
Combine Cost 700
Total Cost 2550

Stats: 500 hp, 50 MR, 15% CDR

I think this would be a great addition to the game and fill 2 itemization voids (lack of tanky MR+HP items and lack of tanky MR+CDR). I have also noticed most tanks building CDR boots in order to max out their CDR, this would also open up itemization options for them to more comfortably use other boot choices. Responses/feedback would be welcome

starrk144

08-27-2012

a more offensive alternative to Aegis of the Legion. while aegis is a solid support item and a good item on some bruisers/tanks i would like to see an alternative for if u just need more damage output on your team.
lets say your team comp is
lee sin top
shyvanna jungle
ryze mid
graves adc
alistar support
thats a pretty tanky comp that follows the meta and if i were to be supporting that comp i would want a little more damage for my team rather than defensive stats
alternatively if u have a lot of hybrid on your team this would be a doubly effective item. in example
teemo top
hecarim jungle
akali mid
ezreal adc
sona support

outside of a support item this would also be a solid item on hybrid champs themselves like kayle jax etc

Banner of the Legion total cost 2150g
+15 AD
+20 AP
+15% AS
Unique aura- nearby champions gain
+10 AD
+10 AP
+10% AS

Winterstride

08-28-2012

Problem: Falling behind in lane is too often a death sentence for AD carries. While it's perfectly possible to catch up again by picking up Doran's Blades and playing safe this does not suit the play style of several AD carry champs like Graves and Miss Fortune.

Robin's Advance
- +10 AD.
- +12-22 Attack Speed, based on champion level.
- +8% critical hit chance.
- Active - Unique - Gain +20 AD and +15 armor for 5 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
- Passive - Unique - After 4 minutes Robin's Advance loses 5 AD, 6-11 attack speed based on champion level, and 4% crit chance.
- Sell value: 400g

Components
- Long Sword (+10 AD) (415g)
- Elixir of Agility (+12-22 AS based on level) (+8% Crit) (250g)
- 35g
- Total cost: 700g

The general idea here to offer the user a short and frequent boost when dealing with an aggressive opponent who knows he has the upper hand. The active can be used to farm under tower, freeze a lane if the support happens to be away, better assist in a gank, or go down fighting during an enemy gank.

The time limit will add additional pressure to perform and incentive to not waste the item which, when activated, has stats comparable to advanced tier items for a fraction of the cost. It sells for more than half its cost, making it less painful to get rid of when the passive kicks in and makes it far less desirable.

I think that even if this item is a spectacular failure that items with elixir-like qualities could have a place in this game.

HowdyMcGee

08-28-2012

1) I want to see an AP Wrigglers Lantern. This would work amazingly for Evelynn and any other AP junglers who have trouble sustaining.

2) This doesn't necessarily have to be a lantern but maybe (not necessarily) a regenerating mana potion that you are able to take every minute or few minutes. There would be some ability power involved and most importantly Spell Vamp. Maybe allow passive to deal extra damage to neutral minions with using an ability. The 'lantern' would cost the same as Wriggles but include (maybe?) Hextech Revolver + something else.

3) The jungle is dominated by mostly AD / Hybrid junglers. The AP Junglers are usually tanky so it narrows down who you can actually jungle with. The only champion I can really mention that is pure AP and jungles decent is Fiddlesticks who has a livesteal ability. By adding an item like AP Lantern would really open the jungle to more AP junglers that Riot can build in the future or that are already in game and just too squishy for the jungle. For instance, one of my favorite mids right now is Evelynn, her burst damage is great if I'm running everything AP. If I start building hybrid / tank evelynn her dmg really falls off and her late game just becomes bad. I feel like this item would really make Evelynn a jungling assassian because she will be able to actually survive in the jungle.

Alot of this is just concept and I don't really know what to build it out of but I do know we need some kind of AP item to help the junglers.

Oh man, dead thread dead. Maybe I should make a new thread

APXZ

08-28-2012

Tomb of Warding

+52 Magic resist +70 Ability power 10% Cooldown reduction
Unique Passive: Your abilities apply a debuff to the target, lowering their magic resistance by 25% for the next 3 magic damage abilities used on them. Lasts 4 seconds (15% for area of affect abilities)

Build path- Null magic mantle x2+Blasting wand+1095 gold

Reason to input into game: AP carries, with the loss of abyssal scepter's long range effectiveness, need itemization into magic resist. Also, on AP champions % pen is as good as dead, so this would open up some new build possibilities. This would synergize very well with flat pen, so builds could be done around it. The strong alternative, if Riot thinks flat pen doesn't need more strength, is to increase whatever ally consumes the marks magic penetration by the equivalent numbers for a flat time or the next ability.

Aldera

08-29-2012

Crazy that there hasn't been a red post here in almost 18 months, you guys started this to hear our ideas. I know Riot likes to keep things quiet while you plot and consider everything going on. I really hope you guys have kept up with this, I really hope to see drastic and interesting changes at the end of season 2.

SheriffV2

08-30-2012

AD DFG, for AD Casters who want more burst?