What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenimuhou

12-20-2010

The Problem:
Carry stats are: Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Critical Chance, Armor Penetration (Reduction and % Included), and Lifesteal.

We have 3 great AD items: IE (Crit), BC (Armor Pen), and BT(Lifesteal).
We have 3 great AS items: MBR* (Attack Damage), Starks (Armor Pen + Lifesteal), and SotD (Armor Pen).

*MBR is also the anti-tank item. It's also the only AS item that has AD, the latter being arguably the most important and primary stat of a carry.

In addition, IE greatly overshadows BC and BT because of the importance of crit and burst damage on traditional carries. BC's design is counterintuitive as the flat reduction is only good against relatively squishy targets, the targets whom will not survive 5+ attacks from a carry. BT is also questionable unless extremely farmed or capable of farming oneself safely (Sivir) and now after recent LW changes, a strange choice over Stark's when you're badly in need of AS.

We need an AD item that can hold water with IE, or at least provide a good AD item for champions that simply do not scale well with crit and an item incentive to not always purchase MBR when you need AS.

I Think MBR should have its AD portion removed and have its passive buffed, but that's for another time. Rather, I believe an alternative that fills the AD+AS gap will not provide an item incentive for all carries to automatically itemize against tanks (they already have a gameplay incentive to do so.)

The Item:
Chained Mace (2500g) = Recurve Bow (1050g) + Pickaxe (975g) + 475g

+40 AD
+50% AS

(It's pretty comparable to Guinsoo's Rageblade if the AP were converted to AD and AS.)

The Explanation:
Ideally, carries could now choose between IE + LW for large crits and poking ability, or purchase this new item + LW for smaller crits but better dps in a moderately long fight for a cheaper price.

Also, nearly no carry looking for their AS + anti-tank would blindly buy MBR. Now they would have a legitimate choice to greatly enhance their auto attacks with 50% AS plus 40 additional AD in conjunction with LW's passive.

Yochuico

12-20-2010

2) Thunderfangs:
+18 armor,+20ap,5% vampiric
PASSIVE: your spell and attacks have a 20% chance to deal 200 true damage to monsters
multi hit skills does half the damage and proc at 15%.

RECIPE:
Cloth armor(300 gold)+Amplifying tome(425 gold)+175 gold=900 gold

Thunderfangs combine into Thunderclaws.

2) Thunderclaws:
+26 armor,+60 ap,UNIQUE:15% spell vamp +20% vampiric
PASSIVE: your spell and attacks have a 25% chance to deal 300 true damage to monsters
multi hit skills does half the damage and proc at 20%.
ACTIVElace a ward that last for 3 minutes.

RECIPE:
Thunderfangs(900 gold)+vampiric scepter(475)+Blasting wand(860)+200 gold=2435

3) Makes jungling with ap characters more viable,high cost of the item is
needed to make it non abusable by laners like morgana and vlad early game.
counterpart to wriggle's lantern for dps casters

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Xypherous, are you planing on temporarily locking the thread so you can respond to the suggestions thus far? Or are you going to respond to them with anything but general posts?

skyqula

12-20-2010

Problem 1: I got 2 items id like to see. I generally play alot of casters, mostly malzahar and when gearing some defensive stats i only realy see 5 options: Rylai's, Rod of Ages, Abbysal Scepter, Guardian angel and banshees. Where 2 of these items offer no casters stats at all. Additionally the only reason id take guardian angel would be if i had a mejai's to protect my stacks. Effectivly leaving me without a "Caster Armor Item".

Item suggestion nr1:

"Skyqula's CAI": 2800g(1200+700+900).
Ingredients: hextech revolver + chain vest+ recipy.
Stats: 70 armor 50 AP UNIQUE PASSIVE: 20% spellvamp 8% movementspeed.

Reasoning: Decent amount of armor to counter physical damage also gives casters there 2nd MS increase item that might actually see use unlike lichbane (That is just more for hybrids like akali). Also gives a plausible build path for the hextech revolver (The aura version is just lackluster somehow). Its also a plausible item for non mana casters.

Problem 2: Now my 2nd problem is when facing alot of tough guys and i am playing a caster that isnt Malzahar/Kogmaw. As unlike Malzahar/Kogmaw other casters dont have a way to deal %hp based damage. And while everyone can get a void staff and deal decent damage there is a point where HP + MR just makes them unkillable. Now lichbane could be a solution but those tanks generally have a good chunk of armor besides its just abit clunky on casters (unless your akali or another hybrid like char) as you want to cast your combo and run away, not cast>attack>cast>attack etc. Id therefor like the following item: "Caster Anti Tank Item"

Item suggestion nr2:

"Skyqula's CATI": 3200g (1245+860+1095).
Ingredients: Fiendisch codex + blasting wand + recipy.
Stats:80 AP 10mp5 UNIQUE PASSIVE: 15% CDR, Your single target damage spells deal 4-8% (Based on spells CD) of the targets HP in either magical or physical damage(Wich ever deals more damage).

Reasoning: Good AP item that doesnt boost AOE damage and gives a better solution for casters to do some physical damage. Also adds some syngergy for CDR.

TD;DR More caster items! Please?

Gigiwoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

I posted an item request in the item forums somewhere, but there is no search feature here. So... just gonna say it simply.

PLEASE ADD A SIMPLE ITEM THAT ADDS ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST!

A simple item that is not expensive (aka guardian's armor), in the 2100ish range. The goal is to allow a variety of squishy champs (ex sivir, tristana, ashe) to use a single slot for at least SOME armor/MR without having to buy a Guardian's. Does not need super uber unique benefits, just some armor and magic resist.

Thanks.
Gigiwoo.

12-20-2010

I believe item suggestions for this thread should address problems on a more fundamental level as opposed to convoluting into a mathematical mess (let Riot handle this). For example, I really enjoy Thinkaman's "Anti-Snowball Comeback Items". They add another level of depth into itemization without over-complication.

Now, for my own:

Problem: There aren't enough item slots for wards as the game progresses into late game. The incentive for 3 wards over an item is not high enough. We have threads with people asking for a 7th consumable item slot (solved for elixirs, but not for wards). Wriggle's Lantern can only provide one ward every 3 minutes (at best), which is not very helpful if it's the only ward your team has. People who are farmed tend to have all of their item slots filled up, while people who have those empty item slots are usually under-farmed and need to save up for their builds...

Wriggle's Pouch:
Wriggle's Lantern + Null-Magic Mantle + 375 G (Total: 2300 G)

23 AD (0 added)
30 Armor (0 added)
24 MR (0 added)
14% Life Steal (0 added)

UNIQUE Passive: 20% chance on attack to deal 500 damage to a minion. Gains a "stored Sight Ward" charge every 3 minutes. You can fill up a charge by buying a Sight Ward. Maximum three charges.

UNIQUE Active: Places an invisible ward with 1100 range sight and lasts for 3 minutes. Each cast requires and consumes a charge.

Explanation: These all-around useful stats plus the wards slot might be more appealing than other item choices by late game.
For example, this item plus 3 wards or GA for Yi, Wriggle's Lantern or GA for Yi, 3 wards or GA for Yi. The first choice will make many players think twice before deciding, the next two choices, not so much.

Or you can just remake Wriggle's Lantern with those passive/active (you already did it for Teemo).

Hotarukin

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyqula View Post
Problem 1: I got 2 items id like to see. I generally play alot of casters, mostly malzahar and when gearing some defensive stats i only realy see 5 options: Rylai's, Rod of Ages, Abbysal Scepter, Guardian angel and banshees. Where 2 of these items offer no casters stats at all. Additionally the only reason id take guardian angel would be if i had a mejai's to protect my stacks. Effectivly leaving me without a "Caster Armor Item".

Item suggestion nr1:

"Skyqula's CAI": 2800g(1200+700+900).
Ingredients: hextech revolver + chain vest+ recipy.
Stats: 70 armor 50 AP UNIQUE PASSIVE: 20% spellvamp 8% movementspeed.

Reasoning: Decent amount of armor to counter physical damage also gives casters there 2nd MS increase item that might actually see use unlike lichbane (That is just more for hybrids like akali). Also gives a plausible build path for the hextech revolver (The aura version is just lackluster somehow). Its also a plausible item for non mana casters.

Problem 2: Now my 2nd problem is when facing alot of tough guys and i am playing a caster that isnt Malzahar/Kogmaw. As unlike Malzahar/Kogmaw other casters dont have a way to deal %hp based damage. And while everyone can get a void staff and deal decent damage there is a point where HP + MR just makes them unkillable. Now lichbane could be a solution but those tanks generally have a good chunk of armor besides its just abit clunky on casters (unless your akali or another hybrid like char) as you want to cast your combo and run away, not cast>attack>cast>attack etc. Id therefor like the following item: "Caster Anti Tank Item"

Item suggestion nr2:

"Skyqula's CATI": 3200g (1245+860+1095).
Ingredients: Fiendisch codex + blasting wand + recipy.
Stats:80 AP 10mp5 UNIQUE PASSIVE: 15% CDR, Your single target damage spells deal 4-8% (Based on spells CD) of the targets HP in either magical or physical damage(Wich ever deals more damage).

Reasoning: Good AP item that doesnt boost AOE damage and gives a better solution for casters to do some physical damage. Also adds some syngergy for CDR.

TD;DR More caster items! Please?
The anti-tank caster item is currently DFG. They've said that a few times. I'm not sure whether it's filling its role or not, but that's what it's there for. Plus it's an added trigger rather than a "when I'm already doing this, extra!" Which is something I think they feel should be differentiated between casters and attackers. Plus, what do you do if the second item is picked up by Cassiopeia? Leblanc? Akali? Cassiopeia would be an insane offender of the OP for that item. If their tank is there for 5 seconds, Cassi has ripped him to shreds.

robby9653

12-20-2010

all i can say is that i think that its a good idea to make a forum like this
XD

great job!

Dimensionist

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigiwoo View Post
I posted an item request in the item forums somewhere, but there is no search feature here. So... just gonna say it simply.

PLEASE ADD A SIMPLE ITEM THAT ADDS ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST!

A simple item that is not expensive (aka guardian's armor), in the 2100ish range. The goal is to allow a variety of squishy champs (ex sivir, tristana, ashe) to use a single slot for at least SOME armor/MR without having to buy a Guardian's. Does not need super uber unique benefits, just some armor and magic resist.

Thanks.
Gigiwoo.
Oh you mean like Aegis of the Legion? It's 1925 gold, provides armor, magic resist, HP, and damage.

what more could you want?

skyqula

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarukin View Post
The anti-tank caster item is currently DFG. They've said that a few times. I'm not sure whether it's filling its role or not, but that's what it's there for. Plus it's an added trigger rather than a "when I'm already doing this, extra!" Which is something I think they feel should be differentiated between casters and attackers. Plus, what do you do if the second item is picked up by Cassiopeia? Leblanc? Akali? Cassiopeia would be an insane offender of the OP for that item. If their tank is there for 5 seconds, Cassi has ripped him to shreds.
While the effect is poverfull, its no where near as powerfull as madreds (not even close). And its not just a single use high CD active like DFG. Besides, it also fills the desire for some form of physical damage. Wich lichbane simply doesnt for casters (it does for hybrids).