What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SB pimp

05-10-2011

mana burn spell immunity items aka DOTA style

Snes C

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskik2 View Post
mana burn spell immunity items aka DOTA style
So your solution for a mechanic that is either too devastating or completely useless is to add an opposing mechanic that either removes the effect entirely or is completely useless.

Tenchu

05-10-2011

My idea is less specific to the item and more specific to the idea around it, but I will provide an example.

The main concept of the item is to provide some kind of buff but to balance out that buff with some kind of nerf.

For example an example item might be.

Wolf Lords Mantle

Chain Vest + Long Sword + Health Crystal + 1000 Gold

+ 50 Armor
+ 30 Attack
+ 400 Health

For each ally within a certain distance. (Say 500 or 600) The character gains an additional 5 armor, 5 Attack, and 50 Health. If there are no allies within this range the item instead confers no bonuses.

So in the case of this item it benefits the player to stay near an ally and gives them bonuses in teamfights. I'm not saying that the item has to be as I have made it out to be but it is an example of the type of item that would be made. The idea not being always consistent with the total removal of the items bonuses but more concerned with providing a balancing act for the item to force the player to act in a certain manner.

Another item might be...

"Legion's March"

Aegis of the Legion + Chain Vest + Null Magic Mantle + 100 Gold

400 Health + 30 Armor + 40 Magic Resist Unique Aura + 20 Armor / + 30 Magic Resist / + 20 Damage to nearby Allied Units.

Reduces Movement Speed by 20%

On a character like Alistar this would make the team more apt to stand near Alistar and give him space to move.

I suppose my example of team oriented items might be a bad example but it doesnt have to be something to that extent.

Another example which is more to the point might be.

"Zweihander"

B.F. Sword + B.F. Sword + 200 Gold

+ 150 Damage
Self Aura: Reduces Movement and Attack Speed by 20%

This item might be useful on a character that can close the distance with either a skill or an autoattack to deal a lot of damage, but they need to be more tactical with their engagement so they do not get kited.

I hope the idea is not lost on bad examples eh?

Minerthreat

05-11-2011

1) Problem: Tanks don't have a stacking item that is worth purchasing having leviathan only causes a tank to play scared when he gets stacks since they will lose a percentage of thier stacks

2) Belt of the Immortal: combine heath crystal and cloth armor into Belt of the Immortal (the total cost should be a bit over 2000 because this item should be purchased early game, but not before basic boots)

Unique passive: each time the wearer gets a kill or an assist he gains a stack (1 stack for a KILL and 2 for an ASSIST). each stack gives the wearer (between 15 - 17 health) and (1.5 or 2) armor AND magic resist. Stacks 30 times. Upon death the wearer loses (somewhere between 5-8 stacks).

Unique passive: once 30 stacks is reached, the wearer will have their respawn timer halved if they die

3) Explanation
The increase in cost will be necessary to prevent this item from being purchased too early or without thought, anything over 2000 gold is quite an investment for a tank.

Having the stack values switched to 1 for a kill and 2 for an assist will help deter carries and such from purchasing this item. I know that it won't work all of the time, but if a carry holds back and tries to only get an assist while other lower damage teammates try to get the kill, that gives the enemy a real chance to get away. Also, if the carry is only getting assists then they will have less gold and will be behind in items.

I'm giving variable values because i know what range i want the item to be in, but i don't know exactly where it needs to be for balance.
This item needs health armor and mr for it to be useful to tanks, I think that at max stacks, 400-500 health, and 60 mr and armor would be a good reward (and quite powerful). The halved death timer may seem silly, but combined with the flat reduction of stacks it will actually encourage tanks to play extremely aggressive so that they can distract/cc the whole enemy team, die, have their team wipe the other team, respawn with 30 stacks in half the time that they would normally have respawned.
I love to tank and it really annoys me that leviathan rewards tanks for playing passively. These changes should encourage tanks to be more aggressive. This item may sound weird and it is the first item in lol to change the stacking rule and lower respawn timers, but I feel that it has promise and should at least be tried in a test realm.

matrixlol

05-11-2011

problem: there is no big CDR AD item in the game that isn't a use item.(like nashors tooth)

stinger+The Brutalizer+500G=nashors fang
40 AD
20 ARP
25% CDR
50% AS

Voidragon

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobarney View Post
Problem: Criticals hit too hard, once a ranged carry gets IE it's pretty much GG.

Negation of Power:
Heart of Gold + Thornmail + 650g

95 Armor, 250 HP
Unique Passive: Reduces damage of critical strikes. ( From 200% > 150% ) Only effective against ranged projectiles.

Explanation: Basically reduces, but does not completely remove, the effetivness of rushing Infinity Edge on ranged carries. I made it only against ranged because this item would be far too much of a hard counter against Melee DPS (namely Tryn and Yi)
wtf? thornmail alone gives 100armor which is more than the whole item

iProbie

05-12-2011

Problem: There's no AP version of Atma's Impaler. An item like this would work for casters like Alistar, Vladmir, Mordekaiser, Singed, Cho'Gath, Sion, Galio, Gragas, Maokai, Rumble, Nunu, Taric.

Problem: Haunting Guise has no upgrade, making choices for flat Spell Penetration very limited.

Adamantium Bracers
Requirements:
1 Haunting Guise (1485)
1 Negatron Cloak (740)
Recipe (975)
Total cost: 3200

+250 HP
+25 Ability Power
+50 magic resistance
+Unique Passive: 35 magic penetration
+Unique Passive: 2% of your maximum HP is converted into Ability Power point.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

We really need some way to itemize armour on phys carries that don't need crit. I mean atma's is really kinda.... meh.

Mages can get an hourglass OR a frozen heart and both are solid.

I would REALLY prefer that it built out of something like a Vampiric Sceptre and Chain Mail. that wouldn't feel so bad. like, maybe an emblem of valour and a chain mail.

I'm bad at coming up with stat values . . . I just think we need SOMETHING

lbgsloan

05-12-2011

Another item with flat Mpen is needed IMO. The new tenacity items were created so melee didn't have to buy mercs boots every single game. Mages are in the same boat, having to buy sorc boots as there's no other way to get mpen except through the haunting guise (an item that doesn't build into anything later) and the Void Staff, which is a very late game purchase.

Suggestions:

Haunting Guise - allow it to build into something later so it's not a short-term purchase.
Item X - cheap early game item that adds a small amount of mpen (10?) and some other minor bonus (mana/regen? AP?)
Item Y - Built from Haunting Guise, Item X, and something else (Blasting Wand? NLR?). Adds a large amount of mpen, some health, decent AP, and some unique ability.

TealNinje

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
We really need some way to itemize armour on phys carries that don't need crit. I mean atma's is really kinda.... meh.

Mages can get an hourglass OR a frozen heart and both are solid.

I would REALLY prefer that it built out of something like a Vampiric Sceptre and Chain Mail. that wouldn't feel so bad. like, maybe an emblem of valour and a chain mail.

I'm bad at coming up with stat values . . . I just think we need SOMETHING
How many champions simultaneously don't benefit from Crit Chance AND Cooldown Reduction?

FH is a boss item for just about every champion.