Why Hextech Sweeper and not Morellonomicon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2kool4skool 420

11-12-2013

They both have 20% CDR. Is it the health?

I see a lot of the Hextech Sweeper on Dominion guides and I'm not sure why, because I don't use the active on it that much. Also, Morellonomicon has almost double AP

SylianEUW

11-12-2013

Hextech Sweeper offered superior stats before the nerf, and the vision was useful as well. After the nerf, it's a lot weaker, though it's still viable on some characters in some situations. It's a lot more niche now, though.

Nexus Crawler

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
Hextech Sweeper offered superior stats before the nerf, and the vision was useful as well. After the nerf, it's a lot weaker, though it's still viable on some characters in some situations. It's a lot more niche now, though.
It's actually sub optimal now due to being over nerfed. The range on the active actually puts you in significant danger while trying to establish jungle control, and the base stats are sub par to chalise and morello's as your 20% CDR item.

Kaiseresc

11-12-2013

Sweeper feels more tank oriented now. I only build it on Leona and Sej. And even then, it is not always.

David12596

11-12-2013

I still like getting it. I'm too use to get vision items, that it feels weird not to get one.

Nexus Crawler

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
I still like getting it. I'm too use to get vision items, that it feels weird not to get one.
What the guy above you said. I'll get it on a tank occationally for HP/CDR but that's about it now.

David12596

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
What the guy above you said. I'll get it on a tank occationally for HP/CDR but that's about it now.
I still get it on most of my mages though.

Nexus Crawler

11-12-2013

Quote:
Yeah but it's not cost effective any more. You lose something like 26g without the passive and active meaning morellos and chalise give you more bang for your buck.

Kaiseresc

11-12-2013

Quote:
why? its a gold sink now. Gives you 20% CDR and HP, that is nice. But no movespeed, the vision aura is terrible, the active radius is awful, it's even more expensive. It's not worth it.
while on tanks, you want to have utility along with tankiness. Hence why I firmly believe they butchered it and it is pratically a niche item and very tank oriented. Gives you AP (most tanks if not 90% are AP), CDR, HP, vision. And that is it.

Reikken

11-12-2013

Well. Vision can be really helpful when you can't rely on a tank/support to do it. Health is a great stat on some mages, so it's not a huge waste of gold.