Suggestion for Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweetTooth

12-25-2009

So like cardmaster, Shaco is one of the most insane early game heroes in this game. He gets one item and he is unstoppable...SHEEN. With his auto crit and his ult he rapes 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, and i have seen even 1v4 simply because of the three things mentioned. Now before anyone goes and says OMG L2P NOOB and other troll garbage like that, hear me out. Yes shaco is squishy but once he hits 6 he is not anymore. His ult effectively give him double life. I understand the clone does less damage and takes more but that doesnt matter with its death. If you are a melee character your death is pretty much assured. If you are attacking the wrong one that is two champions attacking you, one with total impunity and once that clone dies it does a pretty sizeable damage comparable to a casters nuke. Hell, even casters with AOE spells get wrecked by shacos ult because it is TOO good. You have a clone that will tower dive, run a long ass ways and takes shacos base damage and can increase it by almost 75% at times. So we are left with a character two hitting any other "squishy character" with no more than 1 item at level 6 using two spells. I cannot think of any champion right now that can do that at level 6 unless they have been insanely fed.

Thus my suggestions for shaco are these:

1) Make the clone easier to distinguish. After 5 seconds or so the clone can become more transparent than original shaco. This would give the opposing team at least some sort of chance.

2) If shaco decieves out the clone should go too. Shaco can go in, do half damage to a hero, deceive out and leave his clone to finish the battle for the next 5 seconds while he can sit there invisible and out of any AOE attacks. The champion manages to kill the clone? Whoops that clone does more than base attack damage. Basically this is like Shaco has Kayles shield on him while he can still kill people. The fact that you are in no peril at all while you kill someone is not balanced at all.

3) WHen shaco dies the clone should die too, but with reduced, OR NO damage dealt. I say this because when Tibbers die he doesnt go down with a mini nuke. He just falls over. End of threat. Having a mini nuke kill you for killing the champion isnt fair in the slightest. Poisons are one thing but to basically have a suicide bomber in the shaco clone just isnt right. Winning a battle means victory not a guaranteed mutually assured destruction. I mean honestly, nothing screams poor balance like killing your opponent yet having their suicide bomber doppelganger still there attacking you and if you manage to kill it then it blows up in your face killing you. Hell If your team mate come and try to get the clone off your back you get killed at close range still.

OR

If the clone is killed first no damage is dealt. I suggest this because you have just killed a fake shaco. You ended his ult. He now has to pay for you being victorious. But if the real shaco is alive he can still kill you. The point here being that you are given more of a fighting chance. When the shaco clone detonates now its like a mini nuke. If we are going to have stuff like this happen now you may as well have tibbers explode with flaming stuffing doing damage at the end.

4) If shaco is exhausted exhaust the clone as well and vice versa. I say this because while there is still a damage discrepancy between the real shaco and the clone, in a battle the exhaust is rendered worthless on shaco while his clone still does a good deal of damage, or if you exhaust the clone you have wasted a skill while the real shaco rapes you. No need for a cleanse or anything for shaco. He just hopes that a player doesnt get that 50/50 shot right. Thought this game was supposed to be more about skill than random chance?

DP Carl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

i play rammus, cho, and gangplank and i usually dont have a problem with him unless im low on mana =/

Disdasdefa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

I think adding a cooldown to deceive every time he takes damage is a good way to nerf him. Maybe 2 seconds every time he is hit?

Nitrosol

12-25-2009

Your issues are with the CLONE?
Really?
1. If you can't really tell which shaco is which, you're doing it wrong.
Use an AoE, see which shaco takes more damage.
Then check if the shaco is AP or Attack Damage. If attack damage, it's best to kill the clone, the explosion won't do too much, and is better than him auto-attacking you for a long time.
If AP, don't kill the clone, just kill the real shaco.

If you don't have an Aoe, add some skill to Right clicking, auto attack each one of them, see which takes more damage.

If you're issues are with the way the clone works, rather than it's damage output, you're not fighting shaco correctly.
Fighting shaco doesn't simply require right-clicking or using your super-spell combo, it requires you to actually pat attention to what you're doing.

Try using Blinds or other debuffs on the real shaco before he duplicates, the buffs don't affect both, like you suggested, which is a good thing.
If debuffs affected both, players without AoEs wouldn't be able to tell which shaco is which.
The huge Blind animation stays on the real shaco after duplication, making it easy.

Or, you could simply get an Oracles elixir and stomp shaco into the ground.
That works too.
Yes, he needs nerfs, and only Deceive needs them, not his ability to force enemy champions to actually use their brain when attacking things.