Thoughts on Heroes of the Storm?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

11-12-2013

As Blizzard is (finally?) stepping up and throwing their hat in the ring, I'm curious to hear other players' thoughts on this. From what I can tell, the style seems very much akin to Dominion, with match times being 20ish minutes long and victory conditions based around map objectives.

Obviously it is very early to tell what kind of impact the game could have, but I'm pretty excited about it. Even with recent missteps, I have enjoyed Blizzard's games and look forward to bringing the major characters from said games to the battlefield. Having a major game developer put the resources into a Dominion-style moba (er, "team brawler"), is also encouraging. What do you think?

Basoosh

11-12-2013

I'm excited for the competition - hopefully it will help kick Riot in the butt a bit. As to actually playing it, it will be the coldest-sub-zero-nostril-freezing-day in hell before I ever touch a Blizzard product again.

Kaiseresc

11-12-2013

so far I know very little to what they will really offer besides the obvious: champs based on well known Blizzard mythos characters. So far, not interested.

IronAegis

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiseresc View Post
so far I know very little to what they will really offer besides the obvious: champs based on well known Blizzard mythos characters. So far, not interested.
That's a fair assessment. I've read up on commentary from Blizzcon to try and obtain some more information and the heroes/teamplay that they describe sounds encouraging. I will, of course, reserve judgement until I get to see it for myself, but any game that adds competition to the field is probably good for Dominion as a whole.

suddenZenith

11-12-2013

Looks very good from what I know, they are challenging a lot of the concepts we take for granted and I think their approach is original and well thought. However, I can't really judge the game before I get my hands on the Beta.

The Fizznity

11-12-2013

I started on an SC2 dota ripoff so the visual style is fairly familiar to me. It just doesn't have the characters I love in League, but who knows, maybe I'll like it.

Nerdock

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I started on an SC2 dota ripoff so the visual style is fairly familiar to me. It just doesn't have the characters I love in League, but who knows, maybe I'll like it.
Yeah, I think that goes for IC for me, too. The game is fun, it just needs even more champions. I believe the same will be true with more moba's that come out. Depending on the genre and characters that appeal to different folks, will generally dictate which one they play, maybe multiple? It'll be interesting to see who gravitates toward what. I prefer league currently, I like IC but their moment-to-moment combat isn't involving for me, it's very button mash. Plus Malz is here, so hue. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what blizzard comes up with.

AlphaFerric

11-12-2013

I've got some serious nostalgia for Blizzard characters across most of their games, so I'll probably end up playing it. If they have a cap/control game similar to Dom I wouldn't be surprised to see my time split between the two.

KaWraith

11-12-2013

If they have something like dominion that gets supported; Riot will either have to shape up, or we will leave.

inb4 this gets moved to off topic discussion.

Stark Midnight

11-12-2013

Not really that interested, blizzard takes forever to do anything.

12345 ... 8