Lucian is a good champion; I'll show you why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunstoppable

11-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1gerBl00d27 View Post
Everyones full-build so relevance doesnt matter.
lol you still think lucian is bad lategame.

Somnium

11-11-2013

When Lucian was first released I, much like everyone else, lost a bunch of games with him, and brushed him off as underpowered. However, I really don't give a damn if I lose, and I spent the IP for him, so I figured what the hell? Let's keep at it for a bit. Since getting the hang of him, I don't think I've lost a single game (ranked or normal) with him.

On paper Lucian is weak, very weak. Neither his range, nor his damage is impressive; but Lucian has his own niche. Lucian never has to stop moving to deal damage. His attack animation is incredible, and the second shot from his passive will go off even if you've started moving again. This is a much bigger deal than people seem to think. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say despite the lack of range, he's got more on-the-run damage output than Ezreal, and I love myself some Ezreal. His high mobility gives him a very high skill cap, and gives you room to outplay the enemy team. Someone who plays a strong Lucian should almost never be caught out of position, even against assassins.

I'm going to agree with the OP here in saying that Lucian's abilities are under-appreciated, but in a slightly different way. It goes back to the idea of mobility. Lucian's kit is deadly from just about any position, even on the outskirts of the fight. I feel like the strongest aspect of his Q is that it can be used on the opposing team's front line while targeting the back line. With a minor shift you can typically cast Q on the tank or bruiser that's keeping you at range, and still hit the ADC or APC in the back.

The strength of his W lies in its large, and oddly shaped blast radius. By getting used to the shape of the blast, you can throw W in between small gaps and have it hit whoever you want. The largest mistake I see in people using W is that they'll only try to hit people with the projectile itself.

Finally his R, even I'll admit that it could use some love. While it's generally pretty weak, it can be used in a variety of ways that make it somewhat viable. First and foremost is its range. If you get forced out of auto attack range you can often position yourself to have Lucian's ult deal damage to your intended target from a safe distance. The other big aspect was even shown in the champion spotlight, but I rarely see people utilize it; Lucian's ult can deal damage while he's running away. I've had a couple fights get turned around because someone chased directly into his R. I'd also like to mention it's increased damage to creeps. It's a relatively short cooldown, and has fairly specialized uses, so you shouldn't be afraid of burning it in some odd spots. If you would like to keep someone off your tower but your support got sent back to base, you can ult the creep wave to wipe it out pretty fast. It also does quick damage against Nashor and Dragon if you're trying to pick them up.

I am by no means saying that Lucian is a strong pick for competitive play, he simply doesn't have the numbers for that. What I am saying is that he has incredible potential in solo queue. Lucian is a playmaker, and if you take the time to learn his kit and style, it's easy to walk over unorganized enemy teams.

Cyclics

11-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
When Lucian was first released I,
TL;DR Lucian ult terrible argument invalid.

BlazingSalvo

11-11-2013

Kog listed as a caster and MF not listed as a caster? Not sure if i'm gonna bother reading any more.

OG JASON

11-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrefaceOfTheGods View Post
Also

Why is Kog'Maw a caster ADC?

o_O
He uses his W to o anything

OG JASON

11-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
When Lucian was first released I, much like everyone else, lost a bunch of games with him, and brushed him off as underpowered. However, I really don't give a damn if I lose, and I spent the IP for him, so I figured what the hell? Let's keep at it for a bit. Since getting the hang of him, I don't think I've lost a single game (ranked or normal) with him.

On paper Lucian is weak, very weak. Neither his range, nor his damage is impressive; but Lucian has his own niche. Lucian never has to stop moving to deal damage. His attack animation is incredible, and the second shot from his passive will go off even if you've started moving again. This is a much bigger deal than people seem to think. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say despite the lack of range, he's got more on-the-run damage output than Ezreal, and I love myself some Ezreal. His high mobility gives him a very high skill cap, and gives you room to outplay the enemy team. Someone who plays a strong Lucian should almost never be caught out of position, even against assassins.

I'm going to agree with the OP here in saying that Lucian's abilities are under-appreciated, but in a slightly different way. It goes back to the idea of mobility. Lucian's kit is deadly from just about any position, even on the outskirts of the fight. I feel like the strongest aspect of his Q is that it can be used on the opposing team's front line while targeting the back line. With a minor shift you can typically cast Q on the tank or bruiser that's keeping you at range, and still hit the ADC or APC in the back.

The strength of his W lies in its large, and oddly shaped blast radius. By getting used to the shape of the blast, you can throw W in between small gaps and have it hit whoever you want. The largest mistake I see in people using W is that they'll only try to hit people with the projectile itself.

Finally his R, even I'll admit that it could use some love. While it's generally pretty weak, it can be used in a variety of ways that make it somewhat viable. First and foremost is its range. If you get forced out of auto attack range you can often position yourself to have Lucian's ult deal damage to your intended target from a safe distance. The other big aspect was even shown in the champion spotlight, but I rarely see people utilize it; Lucian's ult can deal damage while he's running away. I've had a couple fights get turned around because someone chased directly into his R. I'd also like to mention it's increased damage to creeps. It's a relatively short cooldown, and has fairly specialized uses, so you shouldn't be afraid of burning it in some odd spots. If you would like to keep someone off your tower but your support got sent back to base, you can ult the creep wave to wipe it out pretty fast. It also does quick damage against Nashor and Dragon if you're trying to pick them up.

I am by no means saying that Lucian is a strong pick for competitive play, he simply doesn't have the numbers for that. What I am saying is that he has incredible potential in solo queue. Lucian is a playmaker, and if you take the time to learn his kit and style, it's easy to walk over unorganized enemy teams.
tell that to koreans

Arduno

11-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1gerBl00d27 View Post
Except as Lucian, you usually want to END the game before 30 to 35 because your power significantly drops around then.
lol not true after u buy black cleaver his ult does way more damage

Best Jg Atlantis

11-13-2013

bump this thread

Best Jg Atlantis

11-13-2013

Bump

Best Jg Atlantis

11-14-2013

bump