Shen or Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slugabed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

Alright, so I need people's opinions again!

The past 2 weeks, I decided to play some tanks, and I found that Malphite and Shen interested me the most. So I was just wondering what you guys think!

Who makes a better tank? Who seems to help out the team more? Pushing a lane, etc ...

I have to say, Shen's ult is a lifesaver and it's amazing porting to a teammate from anywhere, on the other hand, Malphite just has an extremely fun ult to use.
So pretty much I need some convincing between the two because I'm stuck in the middle right now!

Thanks!

Unholyman0

12-18-2010

Situational.
but overall Shen is a better choice.
Taunt makes the difference

Odixu

12-18-2010

malphite is more of a mage/offtank due to the fact that he doesnt have a taunt, and his charge/slam shouldnt be used until you get about 3 people together so its usually most effective after the other team has committed. He really shines VS a AD team though, AP its kinda meh.
thats what i observed playing him.

Shen has alot of potential, although, you do alot of random 5's i would say pick rammus.
i own a shen and when i used to do pre-mades he really shines, but with an uncoordinated team he feels really frustrating and underpowered due to the fact that hes very defensive oriented so if your team isnt pulling their weight you will be feeling it. His taunt is also highly skill shot based but very rewarding when you pull it off.

Slugabed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

A pre-made was the only reason why I'm thinking about shen really ..
I know that it would come in handy saving them, but like you said, random games are very uncoordinated.
So it's pretty much based on how many times I play with a pre-made I guess.

Leblac

12-18-2010

I would Pick Malph, as i find him very hard to take down, thus i love his ulti

fruitysalad

Recruiter

12-18-2010

Shen is a better tank, his taunt is amazing and Shen has great survivability to boot, whereas, like someone previously said, Malphite is more of a tough carry/tough mage (depending on how you build him)

Considereth

12-18-2010

If you want to save people, Shen. If you want to kill people and be tough as hell to take down, Malphite.

Frolîe

12-18-2010

If your greedy, Malphite. If your sexy, Shen.

Slugabed

12-18-2010

Lol, I'm a bit greedy and sexy .. too bad I can't be Malphen, or Shenite.
But yeah, I've been playing recently, and Shen can only be used at his best if you have a premade ...
I guess I'll just get shen and save up for malph, lol.
Thanks for the input guys!

John Arthropod

12-01-2013

Shen and Malphite are both GREAT ADC's. Malphite has more range as an ADC but Shen has a faster trigger finger. So there it is it's your choice.