Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@MWAB This has got to stop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

11-11-2013

Quote:
ManWolfAxeBoss:
This is out of my purview, but I'll see what I can do.

Thank you MWAB!

We appreciate all the things that you do for us!

Frog999999

11-11-2013

Quote:
Nexus Crawler:
Obligatory stop wussing out and play PvP comment here.

Anyways people are getting a gain from this that's an unfair advantage over other players or people are making money off it. Either way it's ruining peoples day when it happens and should be fixed.

Last year when I started playing LOL I mostly played Dominion vs AI for EXP from level 7-20 (I wanted to make sure I was a somewhat competent player before moving to PvP). If there were the number of bots then as there are now, I might not be playing LOL, and it certainly would have made me reconsider playing SR or TT over Dominion as my main gaming mode when I made the move to PvP.

I've started just doing TT vs AI for First win of the Day (when you rush bot you can end the game in < 10 minutes even when you're teammates aren't in on it) as the games usually take less time because of all the bots.

AldrickExGladius

11-11-2013

I decided to push my luck on my First Win in Coop/Ai. Had 3 bots and 1 afk. I won in a 22 min game. I never want to do that again. People are excited for new modes, well we have one right here. We can call it Against All Odds and it's the only single player mode in LoL to date.

1afk 3 bots.JPG

Xarkanadushak

11-11-2013

while i don't condone botting in any context, I feel something needs to be said

riot brought this upon themselves

If you guys look back at patch notes, you'll notice that several patches ago riot removed ip/xp gain in custom games without x number of human players, before that patch 99% of these level up bot schemes joined an empty custom game and auto surrendered at 20 (i know because as a programmer i actually wrote one of these scripts as an assignment, only used it a couple of times to prove it was working). however since riot made that change co-op ai is ridiculousness easier to make a bot for than creating a custom game and getting your other bot accounts to find and join it. dominion people merely suffer because its by far the highest ip gains (and also even a rediculously stupid ai has a chance of winning in dominion if their team has 2 or 3 competent human players)

tldr until riot makes a bot detection system they should revert min person custom games

Xarkanadushak

11-11-2013

Quote:
AldrickExGladius:
I decided to push my luck on my First Win in Coop/Ai. Had 3 bots and 1 afk. I won in a 22 min game. I never want to do that again. People are excited for new modes, well we have one right here. We can call it Against All Odds and it's the only single player mode in LoL to date.

just saying, the afk actually saved you, because it made one of the bots also afk

Cless

11-11-2013

Quote:
Xarkanadushak:
just saying, the afk actually saved you, because it made one of the bots also afk

Not quite, Riot's bots don't afk unless someone from the player team LEAVES the game. If you sit at fountain and move once in a long while to avoid the afk auto kick, it'll still be a 4v5. Not sure if the AFKer was sitting in base or afked long enough to get kicked out.

AldrickExGladius

11-11-2013

I know the afk saved me, but Nasus was still doing stuff for a little bit as he does have one capture and 123 score. At least they were kind enough to leave the game, or they never actually loaded because there was no disconnect shown. It was still a rough start in the beginning, I had already capped the enemy bot before my team's bots started moving. At one point I was 100 points behind. I was lucky it was Nasus to be the one left out, I probably would have lost otherwise.

Hawktitan

11-11-2013

I had one of these games last week (four bots). I was only half aware and selected a hero I wasn't really used to, didn't realize it was all bots until the load screen.

Panzerzs

11-11-2013

I lost a game 1-0 in AI cause those same bots on wraith's screenshots were ***** losing 4 v 1 and 4 v 2 top while I had a 3 v 1 for technically 25min of the game (and winning those engagements)

I even got a preemptive gg from the bots, and they neuted with 1 point to go, omg so troll D:

brunoais

11-12-2013

Report them!
If you play with a bot in your team just report them!