The ask Eggtart Chow anything thread!

1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

You may know me from one of my thread help threads (mentor, guides, tips) or I may have helped you on these forums. Whether or not you've heard of me, I have a vast knowledge of pretty much everything about this game. Item builds for anybody, strategies, skill sets, ranges, you name it chances are I know it.

I want you guys to ask me whatever you want, whether it's about LoL or girl advice or even homework help! I'll answer to the best of my knowledge (I haven't had a class in over 2 years so homework help may vary ) If I answer your question, then give me a +1!

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

Yo! I'll get you started, since I was wondering something today.

Nunu's ultimate channels a portion of the damage depending on how long it's channeled if it's an intentional interruption by Nunu, but in some cases it seems to do no damage. Is this correct and if so, which interruptions do partial damage and which do no damage:

-stun
-silence
-suppression
-death
-knockback/up

Eggtart Chow

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
Yo! I'll get you started, since I was wondering something today.

Nunu's ultimate channels a portion of the damage depending on how long it's channeled if it's an intentional interruption by Nunu, but in some cases it seems to do no damage. Is this correct and if so, which interruptions do partial damage and which do no damage:

-stun
-silence
-suppression
-death
-knockback/up
Great question, and I may need to edit this after some testing I'll do later tonight.

Nunu's ult is interrupted only by hard CC. This means a stun,silence, fear, etc. A root will not interrupt the ult. Knocking him back will interrupt the ult. A knockup will interrupt it. If you kill him it will still deal damage. This usually isn't advised as Nunu's build to be beefy, so focusing him let's the other team damage you while his ult could still devastate you. The best way to get out of a Nunu ult is to run for your life!

The way his ult is supposed to work (to the latest of my knowledge) is when channeling, any form of hard CC will stop the ult, but deal damage based off of how long the ult had been channeled. If you find the ult is doing no damage after a form of hard CC is applied canceling it, it may be a glitch. You could be stunning him or getting stunned at the very beginning of the channel, dealing barely noticeable damage. MR will also be a huge factor based off of channel time.

Great question to start it off!

Edit: A friend and I did some testing and I guess they changed it a few patches ago, kockback will now interrupt channels. Killing him also makes him cast right before death, dealing damage.

Mr Zafrada

12-18-2010

Why are you so helpful and cute with the new players?

awwwww.

Keep it up, bro.

Sub Button

12-18-2010

Okay.
After wining how many ranked games, do you start actually getting ranked?

Say I have won 2 solo ranked and lost 3 ranked.
But when do I get rank points?
ELO?

Eggtart Chow

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zafrada View Post
Why are you so helpful and cute with the new players?

awwwww.

Keep it up, bro.
I just like helping people, hopefully improving the game and the community. Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageroth View Post
Okay.

ELO?
I believe you start getting to see your rank at around 1300 elo. Everyone starts at 1200 elo. You can't tell how close you are to this by pure numbers. You've won 2, lost 3, but there is no way to tell how close you are from that alone. You win/lose elo based off of your teams elo and the opposing teams elo. You get "rank points" no matter the outcome of every game, only you get negative if you lose positive if you win.

You get more points for being way under everyones elo on the opposing team if you win, and lose less if you lose. This flips the other way around, as well. Just keep playing and you'll get there eventually!

Mr Zafrada

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageroth View Post
Okay.

ELO?

Like Eggtart said, and you have to play at least 10 games.

Burbinator

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggtart Chow View Post
Nunu's ult is interrupted only by hard CC. This means a stun,silence, fear, etc. A root will not interrupt the ult. Knocking him back will not interrupt the ult, only move the location of it. A knockup will interrupt it. If you kill him it might still deal damage, I'll test this later tonight as well. This usually isn't advised as Nunu's build to be beefy, so focusing him let's the other team damage you while his ult could still devastate you. The best way to get out of a Nunu ult is to run for your life!!
I don't know about other knockbacks, but tristana's ult DEFINITELY interrupts nunu's. Just did this like a few days ago.

Eggtart Chow

12-18-2010

Yeah, you have to have I think 10 games played as well for it to show, plus I believe 1300, maybe a little bit more, before it will show on your profile. If your elo is 1200 or above you can always search for it on the website here.

Eggtart Chow

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
I don't know about other knockbacks, but tristana's ult DEFINITELY interrupts nunu's. Just did this like a few days ago.
I used to main Tristana and it didn't interrupt back then. The Nunu probably just stopped his ult instead of wasting his time sitting there with no one in it. I'll test this later tonight for confirmation, but until then I'm standing by knockbacks not interrupting.

1234511 ... 33