Game won't start after champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexed

12-25-2009

Recently I have reformatted my computer and installed everything accordingly, however when it comes time for a match to start after champion select, nothing launches. When I open the game through the icon in my system tray it shows a reconnect button and insinuates that I have fully joined and disconnected from a game (come to think of it, it might be even giving me leaver marks, I haven't checked). When I click the reconnect button, it goes back to desktop and the cycle keeps going from there.

I have read that some people have issues because of the Catalyst control panel, so I installed only the bare minimum drivers that doesn't have the control panel included, and I still have this issue.

I have not received any sort of error from the launcher/client either.

I wouldn't have even made the thread, but I didn't notice any Riot responses about this in any of the other threads I've noticed this in.

Dajoni

12-25-2009

You are not the only one with this problem. The same thing happens to me. Clean install on Windows 7. No catalyst tho, am using Nvidia card.

Hexed

12-25-2009

Yes I forgot to note; My install is a Clean Windows 7 Pro 64bit install. Have tried every option I can think of to get this to work.

centil

12-25-2009

oh thank God i am not the only one. just upgrade my pc as well clean install Windows 7, using catalyst. but my other PC also uses catalyst and also windows 7. no problem there. any solutions?

Hexed

12-26-2009

I have solved my issue with a fresh install of League of Legends. However I find it odd that the initial install was a fresh install after I had reformatted also. Riot might want to consider this for the future threads like this one popping up.

Jigosep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

I had the same problem till 5 minutes ago. While banging my head against the wall and thinking whats the problem, and recopying the standalone version till it starts working i thought to myself :"why not run the game instantly, skipping the launcher". So i have done that, and got an error, in error said that a file is missing, by looking at the name of the file, it was a directx file, and considering that i installed a fresh copy of windows too, i realized that i didn't install directx yet.... So i have downloaded Directx9 and installed it, and now the game works, you folks probably forgot to install it too i hope this helps.

ActionScript2

12-27-2009

You are not alone, I have the same system as you, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The game does exactly the same thing, you go through champion select, it then minimizes and just says I can't connect (doesn't display the League of Legends logo meaning the game is starting), and gives me the option to try too reconnect, I try, but nothing happens. I am then stuck in the same loop, only option is to close the game.

Pizza Hat Deluxe

12-28-2009

dx fixed it for me too.