Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Welcome to the Warden's Asylum (Ask Thresh)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warden of Wards

11-07-2013

Thresh stands fixed in the center of the room. The only part of him that begs movement is the spectral flames flittering behind his skeletal visage. An eternal pyre that burns so brightly also burns so coldly, sapping the heat from the room and chilling anyone unfortunate enough to be in his presence. In his left hand levitates a lantern that emanates a pale green luminescence. His right hand grips the bone-like chain that connects to a scythe which lay slumped at his feet. A terrible scythe.
The room itself is mostly bare as far as furniture goes, save for a “sentimental” collection of enchanted jars containing various trapped souls that rests on dilapidated shelves. The prisoner souls were small sickly green orbs whose dim glow faded in and out, almost lifelessly. These shelves line the decrepit stone walls except for a few gaps where hang heavy iron shackles. Finally, there stands a distinctly ornate and distinctly out of place obsidian mirror in the center of the back wall, facing the doorway opposite. A peculiarly opulent piece compared to the gruesome and revulsive nature of everything else around it…
To the left of Thresh exists misery. To the right exists torment. Behind him is despair, and in front is fear. Thresh stands at the crossway, contemplating the four aspects of his hellish design, contemplating possible improvements, contemplating his collection of souls, contemplating coveted victims. When dealing with the madness of Thresh, speculation is a pitiable substitute for experience as only those who feel his horror can begin to imagine what lurks behind his terrible gaze.

((NEW RULE: Thresh is a sadistic, homicidal sociopath. Saying the wrong thing can and will get you killed. You are in his domain and subject to his authority. He does not play well with others and is not kind to those that desire to serve him. At best, you will be enslaved to his bidding. Most commonly, you will be eviscerated in great detail, no matter the power of your character.

As always, this is his domain and to enter is to forfeit your safety to his whims.))

BloatedBile

11-08-2013

dear thresh,

you must have taken the souls of all the champions at this point. whats ur favorite soul of champions?

-bb

Warden of Wards

11-08-2013

"Oh child, no. I, unfortunately, have not yet had the pleasure of inflicting my tender loving care upon the souls of the Institute's champions. If you refer to what is picked up on the Fields of Justice, then I must scoff at the notion of you calling them "souls". How detestable. Those wretched excuses for spirit substitutes are mere caches of arcane energy used to fuel my lantern. No, real souls are much more invigorating. When I do acquire their souls I'll take all the time I want to enjoy to the fullest breaking them in every way possible."

Thresh pauses in thought, cocking his head to the side

"...
Although I do know of specific champions I desire to be a part of my collection above all others. They are the most strong willed, the most moral, the most courageous, and the most caring of any other. But alas my list is not composed in its entirety yet. There are so many more people I wish to know a little better."

"Furthermore do not think of souls like baubles you play with. It is not so easy to deem one a 'favorite'. Each one suffers in its own unique way. Each one suffers beautifully..."

BloatedBile

11-08-2013

dear thresh,

are u concerned at all about lucian?

-bb

Warden of Wards

11-08-2013

Thresh's expression contorts with disgust. His eyes narrow, agitated at the mentioning of that banal man. He picks up his scythe and starts twirling it in circles.

"Do not insult me with the idea of that question. I own his wife and in time I will own him. And after I own him, I shall break him-- daily. His suffering will be legendary."

Warden of Wards

11-08-2013

Appearing bored and unstimulated, Thresh reaches over to the jars on the old wooden shelves. So many of them are covered with a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. He drags his index finger along the surface of the jars, watching as the souls inside flare frantically and slam against the opposite side of the jar, as if trying to evade his sight. Thresh chuckles at the sight of this before coming to a certain jar who's name-tag is scratched and illegible. "M##R# C#######RD" it attempts to read. The light inside doesn't react at all to his presence, still fading in and out just as weakly as before.

"How dull, there is no one here to entertain me! Perhaps its time for you and I to play...."

Thresh grabs the unfortunate glass, wiping off much of the excess grime covering it. He holds his lantern up to the lid as he uncorks the bottle and lets loose the weeping soul into its shining maw. He sets the now empty bottle back before projecting the soul with his lantern onto the floor in front of him. Before him stands the spirit of a young woman, unclothed and bare to the Warden. Her arms are tethered to her torso by some ethereal chain. Thresh steps over and wraps his left hand around her neck, forcing her down on her knees facing the obsidian mirror. She makes no effort to resist, no sound, no will. Her expression is sullenly vacant. Thresh grips the bone handle of his scythe in his right hand and raises it up above his head. He stops for a moment to enjoy the atmosphere before bringing down the blade, carving a hash into the woman's back from her shoulders all the way down. She screams, he laughs.

'Bump'

((Give me some questions to answer. The longer I wait the more this poor girl must suffer. After all, what do you think Thresh does in his spare time? Every bump I must make means another laceration. How heartless can you all be? That's my job))

HyperDriveX

11-08-2013

"You find enjoyment in the same thing I do. And I thought I was the only person who was that way." A voice said. Echoing through out the room, the presence of a soul was able to be felt.

HyperDriveX

11-08-2013

((Hello?))

Warden of Wards

11-09-2013

Thresh hears a faint voice around him, giving it the slightest acknowledgment. Without caring to look for its source, he replies

"
Is that so? Do you too enjoy the games I play? Because I must say, I'm always looking for more people to join me..."

A tinge of condescension reverberates in his words as a sneer forms his features.

((I apologize. I need to be more timely with my replies. I will update as frequently as I can (at the very least twice daily, although I should be updating way beyond that). Tonight my friends dragged me back onto LoL even though I had a multitude of RP posts to make which sapped a few hours of my time. >~&gt)

HyperDriveX

11-09-2013

"Tell me something, when you torture those poor, innocent souls. What goes through your mind? Why do you do this? What is it that you want from doing this?" He questioned, his voice having a slight angry tone to it.