Trundle vs Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lengero

11-06-2013

As most of you know Renekton is one of the strongest top laners, I play a lot of top lane and everytime I see a renekton I always pick up trundle as I feel he is a strong counter to him.. His ult even counters renektons ult if you wait and use it after. Any thoughts on this? Am I the only one who prefers trundle top against Renekton or are others doing this as well?

Mcbooze

11-06-2013

It's a matter of lane control. Trundle is stronger in like level 1-8, so if you can secure a strong cs advantage and push the pace hard mid game, then it's a good strategy.

But trundle will not keep up with renekton. So if you let the game go too long with an advantage, or you are unsuccessful in lane control, you are pretty screwed. Once renekton gets his sun fire he's very hard to deal with too. So if you are aggressive with this early then yea, try it. But don't be shocked if you don't handle him based on the parameters I just laid out.

I Have 1 Gear GO

11-06-2013

Trundle is pretty good against any melee. Plus if he is against a team with only one tank, his chances of losing are pretty slim. He will A. make the enemy tank do absolutely no damage, B. Make them very killable from his ult reducing MR/Armor and stealing % HP, C. separate the enemy team and disengages extremely well. Trundle is extremely disruptive and nears Nasus' level of obnoxiousness late game, his presence becomes ridiculous when he gets farmed. Pretty similar to Nasus overall with a stronger laning phase and not as strong late game. If you get an early Bilgewater on Trundle the lane is over.

Teleport Trundle is probably one of the best split pushers in the game as well, he does massive damage to turrets with his Q/W even building only 1-2 damage items.

Great Pyrenees

11-06-2013

Trundle is THE best top lane champion and can 1v1 any champ and win.
He has to be a little smarter with his trades than say riven or auto dmg renecton.
He scales pretty nice into late game and his pillar can wreck opposing adc,
not to mention hes hard to peel off a adc.

There should be a lot more trundle play in ranked.

The Lord Mayor

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Trundle is THE best top lane champion and can 1v1 any champ and win.
He has to be a little smarter with his trades than say riven or auto dmg renecton.
He scales pretty nice into late game and his pillar can wreck opposing adc,
not to mention hes hard to peel off a adc.

There should be a lot more trundle play in ranked.
A good Jax or Irelia can destroy a trundle.
Jax has stronger dueling potential and can avoid some of Trundle's damage
Irelia has high sustain and lower cooldowns. She can easily force short frequent engages, bait out the ult, heal back up and continuously harass.

Directw

11-06-2013

I think Trundle is only good on top when his opponent has no peeling ability or has no sustain. This is probably the reason why we see most Trundle in jungle.

epicz753

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lengero View Post
As most of you know Renekton is one of the strongest top laners, I play a lot of top lane and everytime I see a renekton I always pick up trundle as I feel he is a strong counter to him.. His ult even counters renektons ult if you wait and use it after. Any thoughts on this? Am I the only one who prefers trundle top against Renekton or are others doing this as well?
Trundle is strong against almost any top laner in lane. I know what I am saying because top trun is one of my mains.

epicz753

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahy97 View Post
A good Jax or Irelia can destroy a trundle.
Jax has stronger dueling potential and can avoid some of Trundle's damage
Irelia has high sustain and lower cooldowns. She can easily force short frequent engages, bait out the ult, heal back up and continuously harass.
Trundle has overall more 1v1 ablility, and when jax uses dodge, just use e and keep away until its over. Everything about trundle is good for 1v1. He saps enemy stats and adds them to his own.

bob000

11-06-2013

I'd say Trundle is a good pick against Renek. Trundle's weakness later isnt so bad since Renek also falls off.

CHROMEPIPE

02-26-2014

I just completely REKT a trundle with gangplank lol.