Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poor vlad...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdMiller

11-06-2013

Now you only have 1 Spell vamp item that you can get o.o.

PBE changes are gonna be harsh till we know the new items.

On another note, does anyone else feel that
executioners calling needs ANOTHER rework?

BaronVonSlicey

11-06-2013

1) The new Will of the Ancients is exactly the same as the old Spectral Wraith item, but minus the unique passives and with +10 extra AP. You can't say you wouldn't buy it if you currently buy Spectral Wraith on him, as they are pretty much the exact same. With that said, it could use some small buffs.

2) I'm pretty sure Executioner's Calling hasn't been given any changes yet - are you sure you weren't looking at Executioner's Emblem instead? (Which has now had its name changed to Shield of the Rakkor, btw)

Tritotamar

12-11-2013

Quote:
BaronVonSlicey:
1) The new Will of the Ancients is exactly the same as the old Spectral Wraith item, but minus the unique passives and with +10 extra AP. You can't say you wouldn't buy it if you currently buy Spectral Wraith on him, as they are pretty much the exact same.

That's nonsense, spectral wraith was cheaper and let you clear jungle camps faster in exchange for the reduced AP. New WotA is just a straight AP for mana regen trade, and it feels incredibly ****ty to buy on someone without mana.

Teridax68

12-11-2013

Actually, the new WoTA costs 2000 gold, exactly the same as SotSW, and gives 10 more ability power than the latter used to. It's definitely not as good as clearing jungle camps to the side of the lane anymore, but it's still a cheap and effective way of gaining spell vamp, grants better combat stats and, despite its appearance, is still gold effective on manaless champs. It's also likely not going to be the only spellvamp item for the next season, considering it's a quick replacement of Spirit of the Elder Lizard for laners.

Echo5kw

12-14-2013

'my champ has no resources i have to manage or think about, i just get to spam **** when it's not on cooldown, make items that only benefit me and not something that can be used by everyone wahhhh' that's what i hear.

but seriously...bruisers don't whine about tri-force giving mana, a tanky renekton can still make good use of frozen heart, and running support kennen with the blue dagger thing still works. there are tradeoffs you HAVE to get when you use a resourceless (or easy to renew resource) champ, part of it is late game potency, the other part is your itemization will not be perfect.