How to lane vs Panth

Cloth armor and 5 hp pots 9 28.13%
Stack Doran's Shields 4 12.50%
Always ban panth 14 43.75%
Counter with Character X 9 28.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Best way to lane vs pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RussoConcussio

12-17-2010

I played as singed vs pantheon in top lane today... normally I can lane fine vs Gragas, Garen, Malphite, Mordekaiser with a standard Dorans Shield and a potion, but I went 1-4 vs this panth in 15 minutes. I still got a good rod of ages time (16 minutes) but I think there has to be a better way to do it. Question is: What is it?

Someone told me to go cloth armor and 5 hp pots like you were jungling. I thought maybe it was a good idea to stack 2-4 doran's shields and just sell them back to get rod of ages later.

What characters counter Panth well in top lane? Poppy?

Razeluxe

12-17-2010

Anyone who can farm or harass from afar does fine against him. Karthus, Lux, Malzahar, Ashe, etc.

Jo Lancaster

12-17-2010

get an early banshees veil (stops his stun)

or

get an early armor item (like chain vest)

Krumsly

12-17-2010

Tankier solos like malph or cho seem to do really well.

djpeanutbutter

12-17-2010

Always ban Pantheon. Always. If your captain doesn't, you have to send Cho'Gath, Malphite, or Grag to that lane.

Rebonack

12-17-2010

Immortal champs do well (Cho, Malph, Grag)

As do champs with extremely long ranged skills.

Ashe actually does decently against Panth. Volley him when he starts to close to use spear. Hit him with an auto attack when he backs off.

If you just need to survive a Cloth Armor and 5 HP pots work well. Panth needs to grind you down with Spear Shot before he can move in for the kill. The armor and pots really do a number on his harass.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
Ashe actually does decently against Panth. Volley him when he starts to close to use spear. Hit him with an auto attack when he backs off.
I find this seriously questionable.

Krosan

12-17-2010

You just need someone who can interrupt HSS and who is going to stay back to where he can't jump them safely. A support is ideal.

Failing that, someone with a decent heal will mess him up, since you can just play defensively. His mana costs are really high, so either he backs off and starts farming minions or he saves his mana to go for kills on you.

Don't let him bush-hog either. Buy a ward if you have to, but don't let him just sit in the bush, because at that point he can menace the lane fairly effectively.

If he has a lane partner with strong disable, you need to play extremely defensively. Sion/Pantheon lane, for example, is not fun, but then neither is any kind of Sion lane.