Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

For the Last Time, Level Does NOT Reflect Skill

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShalamiTsunami

12-17-2010

Come on, people. Saying that a level 30 is automatically more skilled and knowledgeable than a level 20 or 15 is like saying that a Bronze league player in Starcraft 2 with 400 games played is a better player than a Diamond leaguer with 100. Idiocy.

Stop being so arrogant and stop discriminating based on summoner level.

coons

12-17-2010

lolumad?

KittyDogBird

12-17-2010

Yeah, I hate when I hear people say "We're outleveled, no point." I'm lvl 21 and I have more wins then most people at lvl 23-24 (no idea how), but I'm very versatilie, so I can pick champs that people don't like to play (support, tanks) and because I did that, we have a higher chance of winning.

MisterExpendable

12-17-2010

The reason why is because most people below level 30 are new to the game, and as a result, have not experienced higher level play. However, there are a rare few who actually think about team comp below level 30, and as a result, are just as good (if not better) then several level 30s.

Nocalex

12-17-2010

somebody got trash talked. Ok let me let you in on a big secret. Teir 3 runes make a huge difference. lets say your skill lvl is 8/10. Not to bad, infact you are nearly skilled enough to go ranked games and dominate a bit. Problem is you are lvl 20. You really havent played enough games to get a solid rune base. Between all your champ swapping and purchasing you have mostly teir 1 and a few teir 2 runes for your main builds. Now lvl 30 player has 6/10 for skill level. A little above average, but nothing spectacular. He however has a full set of teir 3 runes and quints. hes got his base +97 hp off quints, 6.8% dodge from seals, his 12 or so armor pen at lvl 1 through marks and 6% or so crit of off his glyphs. You play the exact same cham as him except you are all low level runes making your stats look more like 8 armor pen, 4% dodge and 3% crit. You try to do the same build but alas you lack the end 5% boost to damage on the top of the damage tree and have no points in lets say the defence tree where he has 9 giving him more armor and more dodge. guess what. his item/talent advantage is going to make a huge difference. In the case of lets say two yi's going at it with each other, the one with better runes will win easily especially at low levels as he is an auto attack champion. If you wanna play with lvl 30s while your level 15-20 you better be dam good and play a skill shot champion, otherwise all your skill wont count for ****.

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

Quote:
coons:
lolumad?

lolubad?

BigDaddyDelish

12-17-2010

Level doesn't really mean that much.

I got to level 30 a loooooooooong time ago, several months at the least. And besides, I know a lot of level 30s that are stupid.

So don't take it to heart.

coons

12-17-2010

Quote:
Hamburglar219:
lolubad?

yaumad