FPS Issues on Death Using Mac Client

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OJFrost

11-06-2013

Happens to me fairly regularly. If I remember correctly it was a recurring problem in every game I played yesterday, particularly my ARAM games that I played around 7.

Asatorrr

11-06-2013

This happens to me, but ive always attributed it to the fact i play on a 2009 macbook running 10.6.8.

to answer the questions:
1) the first death is the most severe drop in FPS, but every death causes a drop. sometimes the first death is so bad i respawn before the game unfreezes, which is usually for an early death with a low respawn timer.

Bisexual Annie

11-06-2013

Same happens to me most severe on first death and some bad ones afterwards but on my first death i practically freeze as soon as the last shot is coming though and it doesnt respond until ive almost respawned i dont have maverick and not sure how to log for game

MagicalMerlin

11-06-2013

This happens to me on every death.

Earlier on in my ranked match against Jinx her ult flew past me on my screen but apparently it actually hit me because instantly as it was next to me I froze and was dead half a second or so later.

How do I get game logs?

Kimokun

11-06-2013

This happens on mine as well.

Mac os 10.7.5, 2010 iMac i7 ATI Radeon HD 5750 1gig, 12gig ram

Sanvaer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-07-2013

Hey Brentmeister. I notice it happen for sure on the first death, but I'm pretty confident it happens multiple times a game. Here's a log from a game I can recall it happening for certain on first death. I can provide many more if needed.

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-11-07T00-55-05_r3dlog.txt (83.4 KB, 30 views)

FnCripes

11-07-2013

I seem to have fixed my issue. I'm not sure what exactly what did the trick but I think it might have been the Anti-Aliasing option. Lowering my graphics and changing the windowed mode didn't seem to help. After I enabled Anti-Aliasing my client ran fine. I was able to revert to my original graphics setting and turn off the Anti-Aliasing. Now my client runs great. I'm on a MacBook Pro (2.5GHz Intel i5) running OSX 10.8.3.

Matias

11-15-2013

1] Yes, this happens to me at least 95% of the time. I did not even know this was a common issue with the Mac client, as I assumed it was something that happened to everyone. But then, one day I noticed this as i was playing Graves, being chased down by a Jinx with approximately 10 hp. I still had barrier and flash and was waiting for her to shoot me with her range-extender and AOE thing. As soon as she triggered it, my game frozen for about 2 seconds (like always) and died.

2] Check the attachment

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-11-15T00-20-21_r3dlog.txt (162.9 KB, 16 views)

lightning922

11-21-2013

Happens to me always on the first death, and very likely on deaths after. Very annoying, does not let me use a last minute barrier or flash to try and save myself.

Yangpoo

11-21-2013

Also there is lag spikes throughout the game even when I turn all settings to mid/low and no shadows.

123456 ... 10