FPS Issues on Death Using Mac Client

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adamosaur

05-22-2014

+1, still having this issue even with the most recent patch. It makes my karthus mid very sad
Also, my fps has been dropping as of this patch (stable 30-40 fps to 20-30) which is making the game a bit harder to play (though that is a separate issue).

The freezing on death bug is still present, especially with ARAMs.

Brocaj

05-31-2014

I also have this problem but it seems to happen every 1-4 minutes even when nothing else is happening on screen. My FPS will be capped at 60 and drop down to one and freeze my screen until it has recovered. (I forgot to add that this is happening separate to the pause on death)

Arsnal

06-01-2014

I have this observed on multiple machines running different OS X versions (10.6.8 to 10.9.3) with CPUs varying from 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo to 3.7 Ghz i7 Quad-core. while certain issues are observable on the machines that have an NVIDIA Geforce graphic card due to firmware updates being needed for multiple games (issues also observable in Diablo 3), I can confirm fully that lower CPUs have reproduced FPS drop and insanely high ping values more consistently in my tests.

In the case of the lag happening when multiple champions appear in the screen, it has even happened in some cases on my MBP Retina clocking at 3.7 Ghz Quad-Core with 16 GB of ram on an optic fiber connection plugged by thunderbolt with a speedtest at 100 megs a second of download 75 of upload and 7 ms ping. But after updating to 10.9.3 and making sure my OS had no issues, I reinstalled the LoL client and the problem completely disappeared, did not happen once in 5 days.

Mike4Real

07-16-2014

This is in the 4.12 patch notes:
"Smoothed out a few small delays when the item shop, options menu and death recap are opened for the first time in a match"

This might affect us.

Hufflepuff

07-16-2014

Just for fun: this happens to me whenever there is high incoming damage, not even necessarily death. About 3 times now, I get the FPS drop even when something saves me from a ton of incoming damage. I've been saved by Kayle ults and a ton of heals from Soraka.

Mike4Real

08-27-2014

Someday maybe... still occurs on 4.15...

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...thread/ck1rwgj

SorionHex

08-27-2014

This happens every death with me playing Karthus. Part of the reason I don't play him as often anymore.