Keep Getting "LoL has quit unexpectedly" message

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Direwolfiez

11-24-2013

I keep getting the message, which is supposed to only happens when the client completely crashes and quits, but I keep getting it after I finish a game, almost every time I play. It doesn't really affect anything, but it's extremely annoying. At first I thought that meant that it was GOING to crash, but nothing happened, and it kept saying that it had crashed. This is what I'm talking about. Like I said, it's not interfering with the performance of the game itself, but it's extremely irritating.

System: OS X Mavericks 10.9 (I played LoL on it when it was 10.6.8 and it had the same issue) Generation: iMac11,2, Processor: Intel Core i3 3.06 GHz GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4670 (256MB)

I don't know how to find the rest of the info, but I have the full system specs here. I have the 21.5 inch model.

Mystgun

11-25-2013

The rest of us are experiencing the same issue along with long black screen times when it doesn't crash. All we can do is hope Riot resolves this in the next patch that is probably releasing Tuesday morning to fix the Targon's item.

Traxicus

11-25-2013

I'm glad I'm not alone in this issue. The long black screen is so annoying, and the error message isn't helping. Hopefully this gets worked on.

Direwolfiez

11-25-2013

Oh, good, it's not just me. I thought it was something weird with my computer.

Has this been happening ever since LoL was ported to Mac? For a while I kept getting a strange application called BugSplat or something popping up and saying that LoL had crashed, then it switched over to the system notification of LoL supposedly having crashed. I'm pretty sure it's been happening to me ever since I downloaded it.

Mike4Real

11-26-2013

I have the same problem too on Snow Leopard. Sometimes the bug splat comes up at the end of games, and sometimes the application tells me it has crashed (when it hasn't). It happens after I click continue on the victory/defeat screen when the nexus explodes.

MasterOfTheOrder

11-26-2013

OSX 10.7 here, and I get the same thing happening. Is Riot going to at least let us know that they are working on it?
I have patience, it's not game breaking. Just really freaking annoying.

Boochi

11-27-2013

I'm using a Late 2008 MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks Version 10.9.
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 256 MB

I'm getting the same problem, unlike the others though. The game works perfectly. Load time is on par with my brothers (gaming PC machines), the gameplay is smooth and nice, doesn't lag or glitch. Everything is perfect except when the game is done and we get to the result page. The "LoL has quit unexpectedly" message pops up. It doesn't affect the game expect for the fact it's just really annoying. It always pops over the client.

Lord Acidius

11-27-2013

Imac. 21.5-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon Hd6750M 512Mb
Serial Number C17GN18KDHJF
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

I've been experiencing the same problems with bug splat occuring after a match and system crash signs appearing even though it didnt crash.
This is on top of heavy ping spikes and glitches in which im randomly disconnected from the server. There are several bugs and glitches going on and I have faith that riot will be fixing these soon else they lose many mac players. I thought I'd post this even though Im already buying and switching to PC (cough* for League cough*)

Bellexandria

11-27-2013

I'm also seeing this issue on Mavericks 10.9. Things look mostly smooth (except for freezes on deaths), and no errors other than the one at the end of the game. System specs below.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

GODfromHEAVEN

03-29-2014

Same here. I am using Windows 8.1 Asus Ultrabook Intel Core i5 1.7GHz 4GB Ram