GOLD should be divided evenly among killer and assisters...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hottkarl

12-25-2009

Change it to how it was done in DotA.

Codin

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
I think this thread should be modified.

Gold should be distributed loosely on damage with a slight lean to the last hitter.

So if the last hitter did 25% damage to the champ, and the tank did 75%, they should split the gold about 55-45 in favor of the tank.

If the tank did 90% of the damage to the champ, he should get 70% of the gold, provided he didn't get the killing blow.

So I guess I'd like to see a 20% bonus for the last hitter, as it's vital to a team to have a good last hitter, and then the gold goes to the person who did the most damage.

Although I like this way too.

I will say that my 17-0-11 Cho'gath from earlier today kind of makes this idea a little moot... but he's one of the better killing champions.
I like his ideea.. only 1 issue.. There s a problem now with turrets doing dmg.. and that dmg beeing atributed to a player (dunno if they fixed it)

Also.. let s say 2 people are defending a lane, turret does the most dmg to the enemy but one of them gets credited for the kill.. who of the 2 gets it ? The one who did the most dmg ? (we are considering both people did dmg to the enemy who died) The one one damaged him last ? Who gets the most moeny in this situation ?

EvilVegan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light My Fire View Post
I have been playing this game since the beta began. I only have one major complaint. Gold should be divided evenly among the killer and whoever assisted him. As a tank it is IMPOSSIBLE to rack up kills, BUT, I almost always score the most assists. I feel this game change would enhance team dynamics and make tanks into first class citizens. Thanks for reading. Great game BTW.

Couple other advantages I've thought of:

1) It would prevent champions from becoming insanely OP too quickly.
2) Fights would probably be much better balanced.
3) No more "kill steal" nonsense talk.

I would also seriously consider evenly dividing BOTH the EXP and GOLD among kills and assists.

Cheers!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the game already keeps track of what percentage of damage comes from what champion.

Couldn't we just divide it up by these percentages?

Only problem would be the relative "value" of disables... A long stun from a caster that doesn't otherwise attack the hero would net 0% gold even if it was almost 100% his fault that the team got the kill otherwise.

I play a lot of AP teemo with ignite. I've had numerous people KS me when I have a shroom/toxic dart/ignite combo ticking on them (which is obviously going to drop them) and someone will run up and auto attack (or ult, whatever). It is very frustrating, but I don't typically mind KSers. Its a team game.

On that note, why not just give a team bounty (like we currently get for turrets) whenever you kill someone, regardless of assists...

Light My Fire

12-25-2009

Well, the problem with gold distributed based on damage is that most tanks dont DO much DAMAGE, and so you'll end up with the same problem there is now. I cant get GOLD as a TANK, especially tanks who cant farm creeps well. Look, as a tank, I typically run/ghost/flash into the combat first and disrupt the other team, take most of the initial dmg, so the other teammates can then swoop in and clean up shop. I should get 40-50% GOLD reward for those assists. Basically I'm saying assisting is not just dealing damage, assists are obtained by sticking your neck out and stunning, disrupting, etc the enemy.

CryHavoc

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light My Fire View Post
Well, the problem with gold distributed based on damage is that most tanks dont DO much DAMAGE, and so you'll end up with the same problem there is now. I cant get GOLD as a TANK, especially tanks who cant farm creeps well. Look, as a tank, I typically run/ghost/flash into the combat first and disrupt the other team, take most of the initial dmg, so the other teammates can then swoop in and clean up shop. I should get 40-50% GOLD reward for those assists. Basically I'm saying assisting is not just dealing damage, assists are obtained by sticking your neck out and stunning, disrupting, etc the enemy.
Yeah, I realize this after I posted it.

I like the split idea now.

Light My Fire

12-25-2009

Scaling kill gold by damage is not a good idea. Tanks don't DO much damage, so you end up with the same problem, tanks with tons of assists and little gold. Tanks are typically the first one in and the last one out, taking the brunt of the damage so that the rest of the team can swoop in and clean up shop. Tanks should be rewarded for doing their job and getting the assists.

Id say, give 60% gold and exp to the killing blow and divide the other 40% gold and exp among the assists if there is more than one. Can anyone from Riot comment on this?