GOLD should be divided evenly among killer and assisters...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light My Fire

12-24-2009

I have been playing this game since the beta began. I only have one major complaint. Gold should be divided evenly among the killer and whoever assisted him. As a tank it is IMPOSSIBLE to rack up kills, BUT, I almost always score the most assists. I feel this game change would enhance team dynamics and make tanks into first class citizens. Thanks for reading. Great game BTW.

Couple other advantages I've thought of:

1) It would prevent champions from becoming insanely OP too quickly.
2) Fights would probably be much better balanced.
3) No more "kill steal" nonsense talk.

I would also seriously consider evenly dividing BOTH the EXP and GOLD among kills and assists.

Cheers!

Kaervik

12-24-2009

I'd like it also. It would mean more tanks running around in matches instead of carry carry carry.

TheGenie

12-24-2009

For starters, exp i believe is all the same no matter who kill/assists. I most likely am wrong, so don't spam me on it. Second, if gold were divided evenly, wouldn't this advocate killstealing? I mean, if you pull out everthing you had on 1 guy and almost die, and then out of the blue a teammate autohits, kills the guy and then the gold is divided evenly? Seems to beg people to start KSing.

No Cow Level

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGenie View Post
For starters, exp i believe is all the same no matter who kill/assists. I most likely am wrong, so don't spam me on it. Second, if gold were divided evenly, wouldn't this advocate killstealing? I mean, if you pull out everthing you had on 1 guy and almost die, and then out of the blue a teammate autohits, kills the guy and then the gold is divided evenly? Seems to beg people to start KSing.
What? It would discourage TRYING to KS. Why would you aim for the killing blow when everyone gets the same amount of gold? As of now, the player who lands the killing blow gets more gold than any allies who assist; this encourages killstealing.

Light My Fire

12-24-2009

Yeah, you might even see a team of 5 tanks. Why not? I see teams of 5 DPS chars all the time. The way it is now, what little money I earn I spend mostly on defense items, with mainly defense runes, and 21 points to defense masteries, with 3000-4000 hit pts, and a carry DPS char 1-on-1 wipes me out in 2-3 hits WITHOUT an ULT. How is that fair??? But, if I had gold from my assists I think I would be able to defend myself. Also, the carry wouldnt be so OP on build items. I mean, whats the harm? I dont do much damage as a tank. Would it be so bad to let me stay on the board for a few more seconds? Or to be able to do a little damage if I choose to buy some attack equipment? It wouldnt change much of the game, I mean, the team would still get the same amount of gold, just divided fairly thats all.

Asria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-24-2009

mmmmm, well I say its a good idea but at least the person who got the killing blow should get maybe a tad bit more then the assists.

Like 2 people ganking one person.
The assist gets 40% gold and the killer gets 60%
That way people still want some intrest in geting the KB.

DevoutBeerKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

I like the idea. More money should go to the KB though. A carry should be able to get more for their kills than everyone else. Considering some champs that get OP way to fast wouldn't get as much money, I think it would be a passive nerf to them. Tanks/support would be able to grab items earlier, also a plus.

T a e

Master Recruiter

12-24-2009

I agreegold share on kills would be nice..

CryHavoc

12-24-2009

I think this thread should be modified.

Gold should be distributed loosely on damage with a slight lean to the last hitter.

So if the last hitter did 25% damage to the champ, and the tank did 75%, they should split the gold about 55-45 in favor of the tank.

If the tank did 90% of the damage to the champ, he should get 70% of the gold, provided he didn't get the killing blow.

So I guess I'd like to see a 20% bonus for the last hitter, as it's vital to a team to have a good last hitter, and then the gold goes to the person who did the most damage.

Although I like this way too.

I will say that my 17-0-11 Cho'gath from earlier today kind of makes this idea a little moot... but he's one of the better killing champions.

Anhi

12-25-2009

they have the damage meter on your post death. Gold should be shared out according with that percentage. And like CryHavoc says with a slight lean to the actual killer.