Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are ranged carries getting another nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

12-17-2010

Patch: .106
This patch is focused upon the following main issues:

• Ranged carries, holistically, are too safe considering their damage output
    • While we predict bigger changes will be required, our first adjustments are to lower the movement speeds of ranged carry-style champions to provide more of a tradeoff, and nerf Blessing of the Lizard Elder when used on ranged champions. We’d like to keep ranged carries “safer” than melee, while beginning to provide more tradeoffs that both give melee a place in the game and differentiate the roles of melee and ranged characters.
So they nerfed them, HOWEVER with all the anti carries (tanky dps to some) getting nerfed that is a huge indirect buff to ranged carries who are atm very very safe with the nerfs on Mordekaiser, Garen, Udyr, Olaf, Gragas and to lesser extent Pantheon.

In my games you lose if you don't have ranged carry (I won because of this even if we were 10 kills behind mid game.)

Ranged carries were safe, however now they are stupid safe.

Prometheius

12-17-2010

Your anti-carries aren't tanky DPs. They're your burst mages and assassins, aka Kass, Akali, Malz, Leblanc and others of their variety with gap closers.

And no, they aren't stupid safe. CC and go in from the back.

KittyDogBird

12-17-2010

Ninja them, use flash, get blitz to grab em, idk, find a way to kill em because I see them die all the time.