Farming Discussion: Getting last hits!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Natooka

12-24-2009

Okay from my experience, 30 minions killed in the first 10 minutes is a pretty good standard to shoot for, IMO, but I'd like to discuss getting those hits, and the payoffs and sacrifices of doing so.

This isn't a huge guide, but more of a discussion about the importance of last hits, and strategies to do so.

So comment on other people's tips, and then leave a tip of your own on farming. (Such as how close range farming works, when your constantly being harassed by longe range laners)

Be aware of minion HP. I think a minion has about 500 HP, and between the constant spam of other minions attacking that minion, their health can deplete fairly fast. So be aware of how many hits its going to take you to take down their health, and be aware of the constant decline in their HP due to minion attack. I usually target minions that have around 30% hp at the time I click on them, and rarely attack a full HP'd minion. I recomend avoiding auto-attack early on when your trying to get your starter weapons and last hits.

If you are going to use a primary ability to spam to get kills (such as Annie's desintigrate ability) know how much damage its going to do, and only target units with that much HP or less.

whomaster

12-24-2009

i normally just attack a creep not being attacked by mine and switch targets when another creep is about to die. very effective and rewarding while laning and it works AMAZINGLY well while soloing. Make sure to last hit the siege's as a priority.

Milskidasith

12-24-2009

Cho'gath: Figure out how much vorpal spikes do, and how much an attack + spikes does. Target low HP minions, UNLESS they can be killed by a spike, in which case spike them while hitting a minion that's more durable. Also, because of your passive and tankiness, you can generally just fight an entire creep wave afterwards by yourself and not have to bother with missing any last hits.