Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tanks are op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alzarath

12-17-2010

Tanks need to be nerfed in general. It seems every tank can deal amazing amounts of damage while taking none themselves. Just played a game against 3 of them. They were dealing the most amount of damage on their team, and tanks have way too much CC. No matter who I play, DPS or Mage, I can never fight a tank. They always out-damage me and usually with over 1/2 their hp. Any 1v1 fight with a tank always ends in catastrophe for me. The only way to beat tanks is to single them out. Well guess what, they're always clustered with the rest of their team, so it's not gonna happen.

EDIT: I'll do the liberty of being the first down-vote.
EDIT2: Or not, can't rate my own posts. :\

Micro102

12-17-2010

Riot is getting there.

JunSupport

12-17-2010

Finding it questionable how you get outdamaged so easily.

A DPS/Carry should always be able to out damage them.
It's just a matter of items, so I'm thinking they're just farming better or someone's feeding.

Alzarath

12-17-2010

Quote:
JunSupport:

It's just a matter of items, so I'm thinking they're just farming better or someone's feeding.

late-game, we both had our full build and a Blitz easily raped me, only took about 1/2 hp in dmg.

Firellius

12-17-2010

Quote:
JunSupport:

Not with a 70% penalty to damage output. They can put out more damage, but tanks can take more damage.

Say tanks can take 500% of the damage that a DPS can take, but the DPS can deal only 300% the damage that a tank can deal. That's the flaw with tanks vs. damagers, casters in particular. Tanks can take it significantly better than damagers can deal it.

Alzarath

12-17-2010

Surprised I'm actually getting some decent arguments here. It's usually "lol QQ *down-vote*" When it comes to balance around here.

Xyltin

12-17-2010

Quote:
Alzarath:
Tanks need to be nerfed in general. It seems every tank can deal amazing amounts of damage while taking none themselves. Just played a game against 3 of them. They were dealing the most amount of damage on their team, and tanks have way too much CC. No matter who I play, DPS or Mage, I can never fight a tank. They always out-damage me and usually with over 1/2 their hp. Any 1v1 fight with a tank always ends in catastrophe for me. The only way to beat tanks is to single them out. Well guess what, they're always clustered with the rest of their team, so it's not gonna happen.

EDIT: I'll do the liberty of being the first down-vote.
EDIT2: Or not, can't rate my own posts. :\

They did exactly that.
Randuins omen and sunfire nerfs both hit dps tanks.
Gragas dmg reduction got reduced.
Malphites range and slow/haste got reduced.
Chos healing got reduced.
Garens judgment got nerfed by nearly 30% after lvl 5.
Mordes shield got nerfed.
Innervating locket got removed.

So these champs have it harder to farm or harass now and so they dont have such a goo early game and cant buy as much items.
A malphite still deals dmg, but with his worse early game he doesnt have that much armor and doesnt get that much +dmg and lvls.
Gragas is now easier to kill when he goes AP.
Cho farms much harder.

When you still have problems to out dmg tank, you are doing it wrong. Maybe you are feeding them early game, or you let them farm.

Did you change your playstyle with the new healing system when getting a lvl up?
Harass is now much more important and so you have to play different in early game.

Quote:
late-game, we both had our full build and a Blitz easily raped me, only took about 1/2 hp in dmg.

what champ did you play and what build did he use and what build did you use?

Blitz is normaly no tank. He has good HP and is a burster with some support.

Also when you play agaisnt tanks, take some life steal. the fight wil take some time and you will heal a lot.

Giltia Zero

12-17-2010

That's why tanks are the DPS champs job. As a burst mage, YOUR job is to kill their DPS or Burst casters. Your tanks job is to clear a path for you and keep you alive long enough to do that. Once the damage dealers on their team are dead, that's when you can focus down the tank. DPS with Madreds, some CC to make sure he can't escape...

Tanks don't deal a lot of damage. The point of tanks is to spearhead the charge and draw all your fire away from their team. And yes, since they're so sturdy they generally have the staying power to win a 1v1 but, hey, guess what, this isn't a 1v1 game. Get your team in on the fun. If the tank is off by himself, gank.

MasterofSFL

12-17-2010

No offense but the whole point of a tank is the ability to just take damage nonstop. Simple math would say that though they have a lower Damage output then you, you have much less health and armor so in a 1v1 you would lose.

I mean, if they could be killed/ignored so easily in what sense would they help the team?

ZiggyOnMars

12-17-2010

I don't see much tanks player but a plenty of ap DPS,mage nowadays...but they still whining about tanks, riot game is keeping nerf tank