Quit crying about "passive champs not being fun to play" please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I8C SRS FACE

12-24-2009

The vast majority of my favorite champions to play are the ones with the LEAST amount of active abilities, or at least ones that activate and last for a couple seconds without requiring me to click on a unit.

I see "Teemo needs to be a more active character" threads constantly and I don't understand it. You mean you want him to be more complex than rigging mushrooms for map dominance and spamming blinding darts in team fights? Why? He's simple to play at the moment and that's ONE OF THE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT HIM.

If you want a more "active" champion, go play a more "active" champion. I do not believe that every champion should have 4 activated abilities, nor do I believe activated abilities are what make characters fun.

I like Dr. Mundo a lot. I like Teemo. I like playing as Ashe (even though I don't use her often). I dislike Annie and Anivia and Ryze and just about every caster because none of them have passive abilities so I have to faceroll in order to be effective in team fights.

tl;dr
If a champion doesn't fit what you enjoy playing, play a different character. Maybe someone else enjoys that champion playing how they currently do.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

12-24-2009

never ever heard anyone cry about that ever...

Also.. Never knew any champ was "passive" considering every hero has at least 3 spells. Same goes for DotA. Ever hero has at least 2 activatable spells making it impossible to say a hero is "passive" without sounding like an idiot

I8C SRS FACE

12-24-2009

I prefer less active champions, as I've stated. My favorite guys in HoN are Pebbles and Hammerstorm (dunno who they were in DotA as I hadn't even heard of this genre til earlier this year). Pebbles could chuck a unit for damage and a stun and had a ranged AOE stun, and his other move and ultimate were passives. Hammerstorm chucks a big hammer that stuns and his ultimate gives him x4 damage while it's activated so he'd slam the **** out of things.

I like my auto-attack champs.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

12-24-2009

Hammerstorm used to have three passive back in DotA before they added that movement speed armor move

Chillspawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
never ever heard anyone cry about that ever...

Also.. Never knew any champ was "passive" considering every hero has at least 3 spells. Same goes for DotA. Ever hero has at least 2 activatable spells making it impossible to say a hero is "passive" without sounding like an idiot
Nidalee is very passive.. Er.. I mean.. Whatever, having 3 activatable spells dosn't make you very active though.. I mean Master Yi when you're in a team fight you don't have to do much. Activate Wuju Style, activate Highlander and right click untill stuff falls down. Maybe get an alpha strike to close the gap. Anivia on the other hand has to aim her Q, explode it at the right place, land her E AFTER eiter Q has hit them or te ult hit them, and block people off with her wall. Not saying either need a nerf/buff, just showing the difference between active/passive.

Raz0r

12-24-2009

yi is passive... i liek getting quadra kills...

Zeta

12-25-2009

Character with 3 passives (and one of them useless, as in Teemo's case) = DoTA character.

Teemo has gone through 2 Ultimates and three passives. They obviously know that blindshot, poison, and mushrooms work. The other 2 skills have consistently been filler, and yes, that is a game design problem that needs to be addressed - just like other filler skills like:

Ashe's Bounty.
Jax's Ultimate - the most boring Ultimate in the game.
Sivir's Riccochet/Passive
Warwick's Bloodscent and Howl.

Filler is bad.