Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

This is no where near a QQ thread. I am just asking a simple question and want to hear some feedback.

Just played a game against a yi who was not jungling. We destroyed him early, making him 0/5. We won all of our team fights mid game, destroying one inhibitor but yi got got 2 kills, making him 2/6.

By late game, however, it got confusing. On a major team fight, we destroyed all but one of them but then we noticed that at the same time, Yi destroyed two inhibitors and their turrets from full health and one of the nexus turrents by backdooring. When we finally got there, we tried to stop him. He had 1/4 health and took on two guys (an akali and mumu who were both positive with 3/4 of their build done) from full to zero while he was at 1/12 health, then ran away.

The point is, even though we stopped him hard early and mid game, he somehow got all of his items and caused his team to win by just backdooring every team fight and doing nothing else.

After he backdoored us the first time, we put a guy (a tank) near the final turret to stop him. Again, he just took the tank down from 4000 health to 0 in four hits and took out our remaining tower before dying.

It seems like all a yi has to do these days is just sit off in the distance and farm (usually by jungling), no matter how many times he dies, and then just back door every team fight. Again, you can destroy the other team but yi will just end the game faster than the team fight will take place.

Again, not a QQ thread, but i'm just asking, how can u stop it?

If you feel the need to troll, don't. I'm asking for serious answers or suggestions.

Tulki

12-17-2010

Stuns can mean the end of Yi. Same goes for most CC. It's his weakness.

Failing that, if you can and do kill everyone but Yi, and he's goofing off somewhere else, just massacre the base. The four of you can destroy things faster than him alone if you have a carry, and you can often end the game this way. Teleport and Reinforce help too.

Venusblue

12-17-2010

I feel like backdooring ruins a lot of the game.

You either lose a team fight or lose a turret.

and if you lose the team fight you normally lose the turret anyway. I really feel like backdooring ruins a lot of games. I've even seen Yi builds specifically for back dooring. Not cool, man =/

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

Quote:
Tulki:
Stuns can mean the end of Yi. Same goes for most CC. It's his weakness.

Failing that, if you can and do kill everyone but Yi, and he's goofing off somewhere else, just massacre the base. The four of you can destroy things faster than him alone if you have a carry, and you can often end the game this way. Teleport and Reinforce help too.

We couldn't stun him because he was in our base and we were far away. Even when we got there akali couldn't really stun him and mumu's ult was up so that didn't work either. Even if it was, the three second stun wouldnt be enough as he would just kill them in two hits.

We couldn't massacre the base because half of our team was very low and the others (akali and mumu) couldn't do as much damage to their base so they tried to stop him as he was the main priority and us, having no health, couldn't stop him.

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

Quote:
Venusblue:
I feel like backdooring ruins a lot of the game.

You either lose a team fight or lose a turret.

and if you lose the team fight you normally lose the turret anyway. I really feel like backdooring ruins a lot of games. I've even seen Yi builds specifically for back dooring. Not cool, man =/

Dare i say it.....sigh, i'm thinking yi is OP when backdooring as he gains his items and gold quickly, making him do massive damage to champs. God, i died a little inside.

Tulki

12-17-2010

Well, I don't really know what to say. Killing Akali in two hits, huh? It should take a fair deal longer than that, since Akali has a shroud which gives +50 bonus armour. In fact, any gear with armour itself would help, as would Thornmail. Maybe you just weren't prepared?

Carries will snowball if left unchecked. I've been screwed over many times by those "hidden" Tryndameres, Yis, Tristanas, and Twisted Fates who are gone for 30 minutes and then show up and pick people off like they're nothing.

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

Quote:
Tulki:
Well, I don't really know what to say. Killing Akali in two hits, huh? It should take a fair deal longer than that, since Akali has a shroud which gives +50 bonus armour. In fact, any gear with armour itself would help, as would Thornmail. Maybe you just weren't prepared?

Probably. It was after the first time he backdoored so we had no idea he could destroy stuff that quickly. Should we really have to buy a thornmail (especially on a squishy champion) just for a YI?

Tulki

12-17-2010

Well it's definitely a good idea, but obviously you don't -have- to. Everyone should have some mitigation though, once they've got their core builds. Armour and resistance go a lot farther than HP.

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

Quote:
Tulki:
Well it's definitely a good idea, but obviously you don't -have- to. Everyone should have some mitigation though, once they've got their core builds. Armour and resistance go a lot farther than HP.

I know but we were dominating. We shouldn't have to buy expensive items just for one dps champion (who should die easily) just to survive longer than 2 seconds.

Prometheius

12-17-2010

Quote:
Hamburglar219:
Probably. It was after the first time he backdoored so we had no idea he could destroy stuff that quickly. Should we really have to buy a thornmail (especially on a squishy champion) just for a YI?

There's a reason you never have static builds.

YES, you should be building to counter. If one items shuts down one person, it means that person is now useless, effectively making it a 4v5.

Quote:
Hamburglar219:
I know but we were dominating. We shouldn't have to buy expensive items just for one dps champion (who should die easily) just to survive longer than 2 seconds.

And it doesn't freaking matter. You don't build to kill in this game unless you're a carry. You build to counter everything they do.

Stack AD? Counter with Armor.

Stack AP? Mres.

Stack MRes? Magic Pen.

Stack Armor? Armor Pen.

Stack Regen? Stack heal suppression or your own regen.

This entire game is about looking at your enemy and countering them. If you DON'T counter, then you deserve the loss.