Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think?

Great idea! 5 25%
Bad idea! 14 70%
I don't know... 1 5%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 20 .

Lower health cost for Mord's early level skills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grayvent

12-16-2010

Since Mordekaiser is getting less shield and fast decay at early level, is kinda hard to keep up with the game at early levels, which then affects his late gameplay.

Comparing to his gameplay before the patch, i do agree he is OP at laning (I use my skill whenever i want), now i'm thinking twice or more than that before using my skills, whether it's worth losing health just to gain a few kills for gold and some low shields or stay behind.

Losing 24+ health per skill at early game is sort of a lot at lower level, I can get killed easily if i over used my skills, the trade off for killing minions and gaining the shield wasn't worth it.

Since morde is a melee character and often have to go to the front line to get some kills and getting harass by range types, i was wondering maybe a lower health cost on early skill could help a little?

Karathrow

12-17-2010

Bwahahahahaha.

Ahahahaha.

A hah.

Hah.

Ohhhh.

*wipes tear*

No.

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

Quote:
Karathrow:
Bwahahahahaha.

Ahahahaha.

A hah.

Hah.

Ohhhh.

*wipes tear*

No.

Are you kidding? Morde kills himself now. At least other characters can afford to miss once or twice with their skills. Now Morde doesn't have that luxury as his shield is now **** and God forbid he misses once with his skills. He will have wasted health and no shield as any he would have gain earlier would have evaporated in .00005 seconds.

Tulki

12-17-2010

I honestly think the nerf was pretty ridiculous. Yes, he needed a reduction in early-game shield generation. During the games I actually used him, my lanemate and I could pin the others against their tower after only 2-3 minutes, and hold them there as long as they got no reinforcements.

It's the decay of the shield that's dumb. It falls off so fast now that you essentially have to fight champions and minions at the same time, or else the shield is almost nonexistent.

IS192bf43c977e3f2621b4a

12-17-2010

As long as u have siphon u are not a melee.
The entire idea of Morde is to farm not attack unless u are playing solo or mid vs a infective opponent to morde (Vlad is nearly ussles solo vs Morde).
I always use dark siphon only to enforce my shield or Last hit.
I never spam my skills randomly and i never have health drain problems.
If u have health problems buy a hp Regeneration item have u ever wonderd whi all mordekisers buy Fore of nature its not just the excellent magres.
Most of my Mordekiser games i win and i don't even play hem seriously.

Mucrab

12-17-2010

I'm a Mordekaiser player, I love Mordekaiser because he's Mordekaiser. I've always liked to think that the bond between me and Mordekaiser was special, but then everyone started rubbing up on my Morde because he was "OP", I'd much rather him be nerfed and nerfed until the day people turn their noses up at Morde so me and him can be exclusive once more. So no, no more buffs to him, he's already good enough.

(p.s. I'm still whoop'n on everyone with Mordekaiser regardless of "nerfs&quot

Karathrow

12-17-2010

Quote:
Hamburglar219:
Are you kidding? Morde kills himself now. At least other characters can afford to miss once or twice with their skills. Now Morde doesn't have that luxury as his shield is now **** and God forbid he misses once with his skills. He will have wasted health and no shield as any he would have gain earlier would have evaporated in .00005 seconds.

Quote:
Mordekaiser

* Mace of Spades now resets the attack timer when used
* Iron Man shield generation reduced to 20/25/30% from 30%
* Iron Man shield decay increased to 5% from 3%

They made no changes to his HP costs, only to his shield generation. So the only reason I can see that you would be struggling with your HP loss is from player damage, or using special abilities when you don't need to. Champions that have mana run OOM when they get reckless with their mana, what are you complaining about is no different.

If you play poorly, you will get poor results. If you use your special abilities when you don't need to be using them, but simply because you CAN and they are off cooldown, then you will be punished. Similarly if you are used to shrugging off all harassment that is not the case now. You have to be careful just like everyone else or you will die. I fail to recognize the problem.

1)What issue farming does morde have that other melee champions don't have?

2)How is it not ok for morde to be punished for spamming his skills recklessly but its ok for other characters to run OOM if they do the same?

M0ngo Like Candy

12-17-2010

Quote:
Karathrow:
They made no changes to his HP costs, only to his shield generation. So the only reason I can see that you would be struggling with your HP loss is from player damage, or using special abilities when you don't need to. Champions that have mana run OOM when they get reckless with their mana, what are you complaining about is now different.

If you play poorly, you will get poor results. If you use your special abilities when you don't need to be using them, but simply because you CAN and they are off cooldown, then you will be punished. Similarly if you are used to shrugging off all harassment that is not the case now. You have to be careful just like everyone else or you will die. I fail to recognize the problem.

1)What issue farming does morde have that other melee champions don't have?

2)How is it not ok for morde to be punished for spamming his skills recklessly but its ok for other characters to run OOM if they do the same?

I meant that his health costs are too much for not doing that much damage or now gaining very little shield. The major point of the passive was to gain shield so he can have some sort of defense as he is squishy without it. Now, if he hits a target, he gets less shield and it leaves faster. If he misses once, his shield will be gone and he just wasted health for nothing and has no defense.

Venusblue

12-17-2010

No.

This was a nerf. Not a rebalanced. You have to learn to play the game all over again without being immortal during laning. You have to learn to play like a normal person and not be able to do dumbass things, or turret dive at level 4.

Karathrow

12-17-2010

Quote:
Hamburglar219:
I meant that his health costs are too much for not doing that much damage or now gaining very little shield. The major point of the passive was to gain shield so he can have some sort of defense as he is squishy without it. Now, if he hits a target, he gets less shield and it leaves faster. If he misses once, his shield will be gone and he just wasted health for nothing and has no defense.

If you make mistakes you get punished for it. If ashe misses her volley or arrow that is a cooldown and mana wasted. If zilean ults because he thinks he will die, but doesn't then he's punished for wasting it because he doesnt get the revive heal and he wont have that next time he needs it. If ezreal uses E to attack he may not be able to use it when he needs it to escape.

These things are applicable to everyone and not unique to Mordekaiser. The problem to begin with was that he could avoid this rule. If you avoid being reckless and start with hp pendant or regen items (which most mordes do with FoN anyway) then your health costs are not that big a deal.

Again:

-Don't get hit by stupid things. Any champion gets punished for this. Period.

-Don't use cooldowns when you don't need to. Use your auto attack to last hit. You get the same amount of gold as you do from killing from full but you are less likely to fight in unfavorable conditions as you will be closer to your tower and they will be further from theirs.

-W still gives armor and MR. You can still generate a shield if you get in trouble. It's only if you're constantly putting yourself in danger, making bad decisions or attempting to ignore enemy harassment instead of avoiding it that you run in to trouble.