How are you doing tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12a6435041c36e3214d49

11-02-2013

Just gave my brother a good advice for his Halloween custome. Originally he and his friend went for "Bananas in Pyjamas", but now I converted them to become a zombie version of it, eating bananas (sort of canabananalism) turning them from b1 and b2, to Zom B1 and Zom B2.

Anyway what did you suit up for the Halloween? Also have a good day Xelnath.

Yours truly

- a bunch of letters 'n numbers
(P.S orignally from EUW but is usually Active on Na forums just to talk with you guys there.)
NA: Caporai
EUW: WickedKing

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiotine View Post
Xelnath, my biggest problem in life is a lack of motivation. Nothing ever seems real to me, even when it is in my face. This really bites me in the ass when it's a deadline for a school assignment worth a quarter of my final grade. I know I need to change, I tell myself that everyday, but it's like there's a mental barrier I have where I just can't take that first step to be more proactive. Every day sees me becoming more and more frustrated as I want to do something, but never do. A lot of times you say "Just do it", and I want to, but I just don't, and when I look back on my day every night, I just get frustrated all over again. Any advice?
Something I've found is that friends sometimes demean effort without meaning to.

For example: "I think I'm going to get some homework done!" "Really? I doubt it, you've said that before."

When you have habits set, the hardest part of changing them (in my experience) is getting past the fact that the people closest to you may poke fun at or not support the change. I may just have poor choice in friends, but it's a trend I notice from a lot of people's tribulations across teh interwebs.

Just as an experiment, try mentioning to a friend that you're going to effect a radical change in how you deal with the world and see what their reaction is. If it's what I've outlined above it takes a lot more effort but you have to just think about making them eat their words if that's what it takes.

We as humans derive a lot of our strength from interaction, and if change provokes a negative feeling between you and another person it lowers the likelihood of trying to change.

RedTruth

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I LOVE THAT SERIES SO MUCH. LETS BE FRIENDS.
Does that mean I get to be your bestest friend?

Axzarious

11-02-2013

Quote:
Yeah, I always felt like Maya was too non-transparent about what I was doing when I used it. I really miss the days where I could spend a weekend modelling in my free time.
Woah! First time a red replied to me! Anyways, what exactly do you mean by non-transparent? One of my main gripes is that things have to be square, and also that sometimes when extruding I will get alien geometries. It's real irritating.

A question on modelling though - how do you handle armour and clothing and all? Do you guys basically carve it out of a single piece of geometry, or do you start with the body, and then add stuff from there? A layer for clothing, armour, hair, ect? How seamless does it all have to be?

Lastly, there are three things I have never been able to find a good tutorial on - Stuff for multiple pieces of various clothing or armour (Tied to the above paragraph). Stuff on how to do things like variant heads for models. And a good tutorial on cloth simulation and all - stuff like billowing sleeves or robes. Game engine wise, im thinking of something similar to the newer LoL models as a good reference or such. How would you guys tackle such a thing in League? I know film and games go by two different standards and methods!

Alphard

11-02-2013

feel like im going no where with my life, taking a year off. I felt like I'm so exhausted from league of legends I don't even find much excitement getting to platnium :l deciding what i wanna be next year is rough

ShadowGlaive213

11-02-2013

Xelnath I think League could use some more curly haired champs, what do you think?

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2013

I'm feeling pretty stressed. I've been working in sales for a long time, and typically have a "knack" for it. After working the same project for a year I typically have to move on. Things never progress in sales, as every encounter starts over from scratch. Whenever I look to promotion it's a drop in pay, and pay is important :\

The place I'm working now I got a few chain promotions on the sales ladder and got put with some of the top people, but I'm bottom of the pile... 1 step down and I was on top... It's such a change to go from having your boss love everything you do, to the exact same boss disappointing with your performance... Some of it is the transition, I'm typically a slow but strong adapter, able to evolve over time to excellence. I'm constantly placing myself on the top tier team still, but I don't like the idea that my position is threatened, or that I'm bottom of the heap...

Combine that with a new move to a much more expensive place that I really wonder if I can actually afford -_- fml.

Then there is league and the time limit to hit gold before 11/11. I started my placements at silver 5 and climbed very aggressively up to silver 3, but now I've kinda hit a plato. Duo quing is getting frustrating with my friends, and solo isn't much better... When I first hit silver 3 I won straight to my promo, then it's been losses ever since. I don't know if I've hit my limit and need to evolve, if I'm on tilt from stress, or if I'm just getting some fluke games...

On to a better topic: game balance.

I really enjoy multiplayer games, and especially pvp games. Fighting games like street fighter were my induction into serious gaming. I loved that I could out play people despite the matchup being in their favor. In fighting games it's very similar to league, in that it's an imbalance that drives the competition. I enjoy that same diversity in league, and just like in street fighter I pick mid / low tier champs to play with. League is much less tricksey though... Sometimes you can't out play your opponent. Those days get frustrating.

I really wish in league there were some items that could override your champs state to specifically counter what you were against, while preventing people from stacking their champs strength with these "override" items to maintain balance. Imagine if a teemo really could switch into tank mode? Or an amumu really could go adc by these items... Then when I'm against some ultimate hard counter can't win lane situation, I would have some option to resume the fight. Or if I'm getting fed, I could drop some gold instead of buying more damage into buying a defense that lets me live more through some of these insane 100-0 assassins which make playing adc feel weak as hell :\

Tortferngatr

11-02-2013

Quote:
I think a void champion needs to:

* Feel otherworldly
* Convey a sense of overwhelming pressure and destruction
* Express a "hunger" or other overwhelming desire that drives it as a evolutionary, rather than cognitive or cerebra level
Hmm. What about a "puppetmaster" that utilizes "eldritch tentacles" to manipulate foes, obsessed with absolute control as his/her ultimate goal?

Zebulin

11-02-2013

just had the worst day

took sat 2 math 2 and my calculator wouldnt turn on the whole time. since im a senior its too late to retake for my early action/decision schools

Red Ryu

11-02-2013

Tonight I am playing vwry well as Leona, but I am drunk and just being lol I am leona tonight,