How are you doing tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneDragonArmy

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionheartKM View Post
Hey Xelnath, my friends have been giving me a bit of grief because I play Fiora top a lot, and I was wondering what your take on her is. I think she is an amazing pick, especially if you start a Dorans Shield and health pots. I almost always manage to out-duel everyone of my opponents(including Trynds, Jaxs, and Renektons) but I still see everyone bad mouthing her saying she is trash-tier.

I was just curious if you agreed with this, or if you think she is a viable top laner.
Not Xelnath, but I believe Fiora's problem was never dealing damage in lane, but rather her inablity to escape or function effectively when behind. She's got damage for days, but in teamfights just one stun might be the end of you. I think she suffers from old Yi syndrome, and might get changes to her role that make her more of an assassin ala Master Yi. She's definitely fine for solo queue if you know her well.

SlVIR

11-01-2013

give statikk my regards

as #1 played sivir season 3 this champ is like 3x more fun now.

Crocky Lemons

11-01-2013

I'm sad. I would totally be playing League right now, but I can't because of server connection issues. riot pls

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-01-2013
18 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadNinja View Post
Xelnath, why did you not push for the chance of getting a demonstone from Mystery gifting? Make it a slight chance to get a demonstone, that way we can help you my lord. It's genius really. We could trade it for a darker themed anything or icon of you to show our allegiance.

This must happen, before it is over!
I've been told the demonstones were hidden away again after being used to summon me to crush the corrupt restraints on the duo-lane experience.

That said, I may be a purveyor of the darkest arts... but not even I dare to go toe to toe with the evil lair of Hippalus.

Riot Wittrock

QA Analyst

11-01-2013

You didn't calm my nerves regarding my application...more nerves ensuing.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-01-2013
19 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
Xelnath this is just a hypothetical question, any response will be viewed as completly opinionated.

If you were allowed to "work" on Fiora without any restraint's or limit's to what you could do, what would happen to the French Duelist.
I think I would wake up the next morning happy, but heavily bruised.

XxxLumberJackxxX

11-01-2013

Xelnath-
Any concepts for high MOBILITY supports? Someone who jumps over a wall, drops a totem or something to buff or debuff, then jumps away?

OneDragonArmy

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I've been told the demonstones were hidden away again after being used to summon me to crush the corrupt restraints on the duo-lane experience.

That said, I may be a purveyor of the darkest arts... but not even I dare to go toe to toe with the evil lair of Hippalu$.
ftfy

Azphix

11-01-2013

Ive noticed that in games where balance is an issue, most of the times they take the OP way and make everything feel OP instead of balancing stuff (unlike league which places a huge emphasis on balance) which is why i think is one of the reasons it will never be fully out of beta. Theres a lot to do so that something doesnt end up being OP but that creates more work. Examples would be games like Dota 2 or most other mobas coming out. Another example that has nothing to do with games would be card games, such as yu-gi-oh and so on. This games end up being broken but play able in some aspects due to them being fun and their mechanics interesting. Would you say this is one of the aspects as to why we dont see as much emphasis on games taking the more balanced path but rather the OP one?. Sorry if is hard to read, im tired and dont have much time to fix my wording xD.

Maximum Riven

11-01-2013

My day blew. I lost four of six ranked games which pretty much confirms I wont be able to grind through plat this season and even if I could Riot's clamping in plat I is too stronk.

Meh. Miserable day.