How are you doing tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Totally Blind

11-01-2013

The girl I have a gigantic crush on isn't into dating, never talks about it, is hardcore focused on academics, and on top of all this everyone and their mothers in my band program believe that I like someone who's completely a polar opposite to my crush.

Knight Auditor

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lenny View Post
Trying to get my GF to cosplay as sivir at pax.

She will only do it if i also cosplay as sivir...

How do i mend this situation Xelnath?
I think you should cosplay as Sivir. Relationships are a give and take and it'd probably be a lot of fun.

OneDragonArmy

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistOf7Dragons View Post
xelnath why is xerath so op D: pls when will he be nerf'd... like he has the highest burst and most mpen and his ult has a really low cd
There's a Xerath rework inc anyway, plus he's balanced in his current state thanks to his lack of mobility and delay on/possibility of missing almost all of his damage. Xerath is fine.

Cyrus Blackmoon

11-01-2013

Frustrated that I keep getting close to getting a job in my field (Industrial Engineering/Engineering Technology) and just keep getting stopped because of years of experience in something I don't have. I need a job soon, and while I'm looking for a temporary job, it's not going to help my problem of getting into something that used my degree. I didn't get a damn Master's Degree to work retail, damn it!

XxxLumberJackxxX

11-01-2013

Nervous about my slow to start new career as a real estate agent.
Worried about my gf's living conditions.

trying to take my rage out on solo q but I can't win a freaking game

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

I've been working on homework (last semester of college, woo!) tonight. It's fulfilling to get stuff done, even if it's not something I want to do.

Earlier this week I read an article about how it's deceptively possible to contact extremely powerful people if you just want it enough. There was a group of kids at Princeton that had a 'competition' at the behest of a teacher to try and contact important people; they ended up talking to CEOs of enormous corporation like Google, and one even talked to President George Bush. It was pretty cool to hear about, and so naturally I went and got inspired enough to send a google+ hangout/chat message to a fairly famous person this week. Still no response yet, but I'm hopeful he checks g+ occasionally and I'll get a response, even if it's just an 'I'm too busy to talk'.

Very excited about the Preseason 4 changes. I really dislike playing support, but I love the concept behind the role. I'm hoping the changes to supporting will finally make the role fun for me.

Bonus: I lost control of my car in the rain today and bumped into someone else's car, but there was no damage and the other person didn't press charges - the police came by but I was free to go without a ticket. So that's a pretty amazing feeling.

LtSmashFSP

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
What's on your mind?
Hey Xelnath you're one of my favorite rioters so can you tell me what you guys want for assassins? It seems like they all get nerfed and the class is supposed to only be able to do one for one trades or something. Every popular assassin champ has been nerfed in some way so I am just wondering if the class is just disliked or it really comes down to people not liking the feeling of being assassinated. To be honest when I get blown up by one I don't feel mad that the champion killed me I get upset that my teammate didn't keep the assassin in check. I have read post saying that 2v1 and pink wards count as counterplay towards Vayne and so shouldn't the same be said for assassins? I am just wondering if assassins will get to be around without constantly being nerfed because people hate the feeling of being outplayed and the like,

Ironstryde

11-01-2013

Acquiring carpal tunnel while hammering away at a mage deck on hearthstone. My mind I guess... is excited for season four. All of the changes will really create a different landscape for the way champions are played and thought about.

Balance... Balance is a fool's master. Actually I think the key to balance in this game is to maintain viability in lane while contributing to team fighting. If your laning is stronger, your ability to turn a team fight should be weaker and vice versa. I know this is probably riot's goal, but so many people seem to have the mentality... "I got stomped in lane, that champ is OP bro!" They miss the point that this isn't a fighting game. "OMG our team got melted X champ is so OP!" You let them farm and fed them. Items so OP.

Ok, I'm going to go watch Seven Samurai for the first time all the way through, instead of in chunks. Enjoy your weekend.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-01-2013
9 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
Let's talk about Void champions Xelnath.

I understand that you don't handle the aethsetics (The look and feel) in champion design but as a player and a designer what are things you think are core in making a Void-based champion? If they are a part of the Void what are things that make it the primal horrors only seen on the other side of the universe and as a visitor, what are the things that portrays a brainwashed minion or a desperate doomspeaker?
I think a void champion needs to:

* Feel otherworldly
* Convey a sense of overwhelming pressure and destruction
* Express a "hunger" or other overwhelming desire that drives it as a evolutionary, rather than cognitive or cerebra level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruisingPrune View Post
I might get kicked out of my college due to poor grades because I suffer from both depression and anxiety.

Anxiety about failing, too depressed to do anything about it.
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you reached out for professional help? If this is going to **** up your life, then taking the money from college to see a doctor is worth the investment in your life.

RolliTessar

11-01-2013

bummed that the game has been ruined for me...so I quest through the Forums looking for a glimmer that it may some day be the way it was...in vain so far, though.

thanks, for asking.