Karma's RE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CS3Narutoi

11-01-2013

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but RE doesn't seem to be applying the bonus shield to the main target. [Please see the 2nd post under this for more details.]
I think that the main target should be shielded from the overflow shield as well. After all, since E is technically the only way to actually save an ally from dying, I think her ultimate should enhance that ability.
Edit: And, since the RE overflow shield scales with R, it is very weird that the main target would be shielded less than surrounding allies if E is maxed last.

Thus my opinion on RE:
It seems Riot still think that Karma players often use RE to deal damage, which was what old Karma often did and was really satisfying. However, I think that her RE is now used for its utility rather than damage. The AOE damage is a nice bonus when opting for team utility instead and is a reminiscent of old Karma, but RE now seems more of a defensive/utility skill in my opinion, and RQ is way stronger for damage.

TL;DR
RE should shield the main target with the mini-shield as well.
RE now seems more of a team utility skill rather than an AOE nuke old Karma used to use.

So yeah, I would like to see the team utility of RE more defined rather than have the AOE damage hindering it's full supportive capabilities.

Also, will there be any AP scaling for her snare/slow/haste like what happened to Janna, Soraka, Lulu and Sona, etc.?

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

Thanks for reading!

Thank this thread for bringing this up.
My original post

CS3Narutoi

11-01-2013

Hey, can someone clarify if the RE overflow shield scales with E or R?

In the LoL website, I think it says is scales with the R:
"Mantra Bonus - Defiance: The shield overflows with energy, dealing 60/140/220/300 (+60% Ability Power) magic damage to enemy units around her target. Allied champions around her target gain half that amount as a shield, and are also hasted by 60%."

But on the Wiki it kinda implies it scales with E instead:

"Defiance -Mantra bonus: The shield overflows with energy, granting ally champions within 700 range of the target half the shield value and 60% bonus movement speed for 1.5 seconds, while dealing magic damage to enemies within 600 range of the target."

I'm really confused, please help ~~~ T____T

EDIT: Karma's RE does scale with R (Thanks Uracle)

CS3Narutoi

11-01-2013

According to this http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...27896#35627896 (thanks jmonster129)

"Defiance will give the basic Inspire shield to whomever she targets, then additionally radiates out the bonus shield to nearby allied champions - what this means is whoever you use Defiance on will get Base + Bonus shield, and allies in range will only get Bonus. I hope that makes it clear!"

So is her target not gaining bonus shield a bug? Or has Riot decided after some testing to leave out the bonus?

Urf Bender

11-01-2013

I like the idea of having a clutch save spell in her kit, especially since she cant use surprise mega heals on teammates with low hp anymore.

TomatoTamago

11-01-2013

Agree,otherwise it makes no difference of targeting any champion

CS3Narutoi

11-01-2013

Updated the OP a bit. Hopefully it seems more concise and less confusing ;]

Uracle

11-02-2013

The LoLwiki is on one part. Main site and ability tool tip says that the bonus is half of the damage of RE.

As per the bonus on the initial target it's either a bug or was intentionally changed and we weren't told about it

CS3Narutoi

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uracle View Post
The LoLwiki is on one part. Main site and ability tool tip says that the bonus is half of the damage of RE.

As per the bonus on the initial target it's either a bug or was intentionally changed and we weren't told about it
Ah, kk. Thanks for clarify it. =]

CS3Narutoi

11-02-2013

Bump!

What is your opinion?

Do you guys think it's weird that RE shields the main target less than surrounding allies when E is maxed last?
The overflow shield scales with R, but doesn't apply to the main target. This means that surrounding allies will get more shield than the target.

CS3Narutoi

11-02-2013

Bump!

Hopefully a Rioter will read this and explain why her RE overflow shield doesn't affect the main target. =P