Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

All Tank nerfed...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZiggyOnMars

12-16-2010

AP dps going every game. Not so many players interest in playing tank but Riot still nerfed tank and items!!
I will choose tanky fighter rather than some tanks like Shen, Amumu, Rammus...I can see tank is not as necessary as before.
AP Akali, Malz Nidalee can rape a tank in a second.
Which mean after new patch attacking is more important now....harm the enemies rather than tactical tanking

ShalamiTsunami

12-16-2010

...tanks are still great lol, if you're getting wrecked by mages like Nidalee (lol, what?), grab some magic resist and troll all over the map.

Falcedge

12-16-2010

Quote:
I can see tank is not as necessary as before.

I totally disagree and will tell you why, Tanks are extremely important when it comes to group fights and if your team has no tanks or is missing tanks it will most likely show because all the DPS characters are taken down which a first line of defense.

ZiggyOnMars

12-16-2010

You are saying some common sense of a tank that everyone know.
After buying a lot of MR, almost every MR items and other health armor items put on my tank still can not as tanky as before.
Because pure tank make no dmg
I will recommend tanky fighter with higher dmg rather than a pure tank.
Pure tank is dead?

Morsins

Recruiter

12-16-2010

im srry but rammus, amumu, and mundo still piss me off everytime i play them cause if they are played right my team has no chance..!!! som tanks dominate no matter what!!!

Josh de Tonreau

12-16-2010

what about xin zhao, nvm hes not viable at all. i mean with the regular dps infinity edge bloodthirster for lifesteal build then i mean wow hes not viable! i mean he has a gap closer, a disable, AND a speed boost! i mean he just sucks! i mean 4 seconds is WAY too long to kill somebody! i mean they can easily flash but with that terrible charge i mean... u never know!

no. he needs to be checked too.

Mgranaa

12-16-2010

a good tank can turn a game around. a bad tank can lose it. maybe people aren't as willing to take the risk now that the threshold is harder?

Prenn

12-16-2010

Any tank who builds the correct items for character counters is not going to die easy. Its still this way dude, all about the items.

Venusblue

12-17-2010

I disagree so much.

I can't recall being on a team of five squishies against a balanced team and losing. Normally you get facerolled if you don't have a tank. I play a lot of pure tanks like Amumu and Shen, and mostly "off tanks" like Blitz. Without some one to initiate, you give the advantage to the other team. With Blitz, I can yank in a carry, nuke him down then finish off the rest of the team while they run in to try and save him.

Tanks cause disorder and chaos. They **** everything up, they block the carry from doing what they need to do and they will use their CC to keep their team alive.

Tanks are very important. If you look at most of the tier lists from elementz and all, you'll see that there are a lot of tanks and offtanks very high up.

Prometheius

12-17-2010

I would love to see your tankless team fight against an enemy with Galio + Amumu that actually know what they're doing. Good luck melting their faces when you can't attack and are getting counter-bursted.