@Riot: Your jungle item changes are pretty heavy nerfs. Just thought you should know.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabtech

11-01-2013

idk about these changes

NiceanLoH

11-01-2013

The support changes are interesting.

I do not trust Riot with the jungle after their lack of any real in-depth thought this season. But we'll see.

PigCheese

11-01-2013

People always forget that if something messes up an aspect of the game Riot can always tweak the numbers on either the items or the amount of gold generated.

shppy

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible13matt View Post
Didn't Riot say that the jungle was going to yield more gold last season?

I think at this point, we're better off casting a grim eye on what we're seeing so far because it certainly didn't pan out that way the first time they tried to do it.

Well, I mean, technically with these changes it will yield more gold... by the end of the game, your gold-earned total should be some 400-600 higher... it's just that you've also spent roughly 400-600 gold on nothing but a gold-generating passive (compared to this season), so there's no net difference in your character's strength.

It's kinda like giving a person a million bucks, then taxing it at 100%... the net result is the guy is right where he was at the start, but at least that dude gets to say he was a millionaire. And that's worth something, right?

...wait

øLordSeth

11-01-2013

Oh great, another "buff" just like S3.

Seriously just scrap everything we have and go back to S1 jungle, and start from there.

Every change since then was terrible.

Roar of Typhon

11-01-2013

Golem is stupidly good right now, pretty sure Riot said that they were flat-out nerfing Golem.

SotEL has got to be nerfed due to the passive gold it gives on kills, making it really bad if laners pick it up.

Also, the gold changes are intended to make the games less snowbally, meaning more time for the passives to pay off.

I'd say wait and see. Masteries aren't even out yet and we don't know how they will effect junglers.

shppy

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar of Typhon View Post
Golem is stupidly good right now, pretty sure Riot said that they were flat-out nerfing Golem.

SotEL has got to be nerfed due to the passive gold it gives on kills, making it really bad if laners pick it up.

Also, the gold changes are intended to make the games less snowbally, meaning more time for the passives to pay off.

I'd say wait and see. Masteries aren't even out yet and we don't know how they will effect junglers.

SotEL doesn't need to get nerfed further... as it is in PBE it's a brutalizer with some regen and no upgrade path that costs 750 gold more... even if it gets 5 or so AD added back in, i'm pretty sure 30 extra gold per kill or assist isn't about to make that overpowered on a laner, unless you plan on acing a team 5 times in a row immediately after getting it.

shppy

11-01-2013

bump

Roar of Typhon

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shppy View Post
SotEL doesn't need to get nerfed further... as it is in PBE it's a brutalizer with some regen and no upgrade path that costs 750 gold more... even if it gets 5 or so AD added back in, i'm pretty sure 30 extra gold per kill or assist isn't about to make that overpowered on a laner, unless you plan on acing a team 5 times in a row immediately after getting it.
They've historically had problems with ez. But idk, that's all I could think of for it to see why they changed it. I guess they've got a lot of confidence in a bigger gold income for junglers and don't want snowbally AD junglers having more power than intended?

Also, why the heck is brutalizer in there? That's really weird.

0xiDIzE

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible13matt View Post
Didn't Riot say that the jungle was going to yield more gold last season?

I think at this point, we're better off casting a grim eye on what we're seeing so far because it certainly didn't pan out that way the first time they tried to do it.
No, actually it was their initial jungle changes that put junglers in their current ****ty situation. They made jungle monsters easier to kill, and significantly cut the amount of gold/exp they gave. Which made it so a much wider variety of champions could successfully jungle, yes, but that's because any champion can be a glorified roaming support. Eventually people figured out that tanks/bruisers could most efficiently use this smaller gold stream to scale into late game.

So what they're doing with the S4 changes is basically attempt to fix their own mess. Allow carry junglers to be viable again, etc.

123456 ... 10