Do you think Riot should take a serious look at Freesia?

Yes 244 79.48%
No 63 20.52%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: I say once again, we need a dancer Champion. (concept included!)

1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

11-01-2013

League, IMO, has long been in need of a flowing sash dancer Champion, one who inspires allies through artistic movements and deft steps.

"Orianna?"

Doesn't fit. To quote a Riot Uracan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
I think the main thing that people see with Orianna is that while lore wise and emotes have Dancer elements her gameplay / experience doesn't match.

Orianna strikes that uncanny valley kinda human but not really feeling, where those who want the dancer want something that evokes fluidity, grace, even some would say humanity that Orianna doesn't evoke in gameplay.

While there are a myriad of ways of doing this, ( just look at those who want the break/capoeira fighter vs the ribbon/sash/sword dancer) there's definitely a core hook there that's different that want League has to offer.

Community please feel free to add on if am missing a point or have more to add!
Long-story-short, Orianna's the robot girl with The Ball, not a spiritual dancer. She's the robot trying to be human (in a very creepy way), not what I have in mind.

Now, to illustrate what I'm talking about, I've put together a support Champion Concept. Please remember that this concept is subject to change, so be civil with your feedback.

EDIT: Here's some music that works for the concept.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71lLnE8gJnU
Quote:
Name: Freesia, Dancer of the Spirits
Role: Support

Name:  069fb286f90c608816d559f1bac31120.jpg
Views: 3772
Size:  634.0 KB
This artwork is used as a basis/reference; I did not draw it, so credit goes to the original artist. Ideally, Freesia should be less "stripperiffic" and more of a tease in her outfit.
The artwork can be found here: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/971429 (danbooru can be NSFW)

General Design
Freesia is a short-ranged support Champion designed for mobility and power plays. She can't harass an opponent like Sona can, but makes up for this by being very agile and having excellent utility. This comes at a cost of safety, as Freesia has to get in close to do her job, leaving her vulnerable to possible snipes by fighters and tanks. However, she also has some tools to help her survive, and her combo variety allows her to pull off a variety of different tricks.

Statistics (numbers are theoretical; mathcrafter help is appreciated)
HP: 383 (+83)
HPR: 4.7 (+0.55)
MP: 240 (+60)
MPR: 6.8 (+0.65)
Damage: 49 (+3)
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+2.61%)
Range: 450
Armor: 14 (+3)
Magic Resistance: 30 (+0)
Movement Speed: 335

Abilities (expect changes according to feedback; nothing here is finalized)

Last Updated: Mar. 21, 2013.

P - Rhythm
Freesia gains 20/25/30% bonus movement speed and ignores unit collision for 1 second each time she hits an allied/enemy Champion with one of her abilities. This movement speed bonus decays over its duration. (Does not stack; refreshes if reapplied.)

Q - Wind Waltz/Soothing Step
First Cast - Wind Waltz: Freesia spins her sash to stir the air around her (300 range), dealing 50/85/120/155/190 (+0.6 AP) magic damage to all nearby enemies and pushing all enemies struck back a fixed distance (50 distance). If Freesia damages an enemy Champion this way, she can cast Soothing Step within the next 3 seconds.
Wind Waltz costs 40 mana at all ranks.
Second Cast - Soothing Step: Freesia spins her sash again to restore 40/55/70/85/100 (+0.35 AP) health to herself and all nearby allies around her (300 range). The strength of the heal increases by 1% for each 1% missing health for each individual target.
Soothing Step costs 40/45/50/55/60 mana.
8 second cooldown (does not cycle while Soothing Step is available). Both can be cast while moving.

W - Spirit Samba (REMADE)
On-ally cast: Freesia dashes to target ally and marks it briefly, increasing its movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1 second and granting it a shield that absorbs up to 60/75/90/105/120 (+0.4 AP) damage and lasts up to 2 seconds if the target is a Champion. Cannot be cast on self.

On-enemy cast: Freesia dashes to target enemy and marks it briefly, dealing 60/80/100/120/140 (+0.45 AP) magic damage upon arrival and slowing it by 60/65/70/75/80% for 1 second. Deals half damage to minions.

Each cast increases the next dash's mana cost, base damage, and base shield strength by 25% for 5 seconds, up to 100% bonus damage, shield and increased mana cost. Freesia cannot use Spirit Samba on a target that's already marked.

0.5/0.4/0.3/0.2/0.1 second static cooldown. 20/25/30/35/40 mana cost. 450 range for both effects. Marks last 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds (reduced by cooldown reduction).

E - Furious Fouette
After a brief wind-up (0.25 seconds), Freesia sends her sash out in a line (skillshot, max. 600 range). If her sash connects with an enemy Champion, it deals 60/95/130/165/200 (+0.5 AP) magic damage and swaps Freesia's position with the target. After a successful swap, Freesia gains a shield that absorbs up to 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.5 AP) damage and lasts up to 3 seconds.
18/17/16/15/14 second cooldown. Costs 80 mana.

R - Lover's Lavolta
Freesia performs her ultimate dance, charming all nearby enemy Champions for 1 second (450 range). Then, Freesia spins her sash rapidly for up to 5 seconds, dealing 30/65/100 (+0.25 AP) magic damage per second to enemies around her and slowing targets struck by 15/25/35%. Freesia cannot attack or use basic abilities while spinning, but can still move and can deactivate it early.
140/110/80 second cooldown. 125 mana cost.

Background (in development)
- Freesia originates from the Shurima Desert.
- Freesia's family is a long line of spirit dancers, yet she is one of the greatest her family has had in generations.
- Freesia is good friends with Sona, since they are both performers. Orianna "hates" her, however, as a competing dancer.
- Freesia has some unspecified history with Sivir.

Quotes (in development; suggestions are appreciated)
Ideal Voice Actor: Julie Ann Taylor
Selection
Follow my steps to victory, Summoner.
Movement
The spirits guide my step.
Fluidly, Summoner.
Even running is a kind of dance.
Eyes on the prize? Which one?
Shurima must survive as it always has.
Can you feel the rhythm?
Attacking
I hate resorting to violence.
Ready to dance with death?
Join with the spirits.
Dance into eternity.
Follow my steps... if you can!
Dance through the danger.
Taunt
Picking on poor little me? You've made a poor choice.
Taunting Sivir
All the money in the world isn't gonna save you now, Sivir.
Your greed will to be the death of you. That, or I will be.
Joke
You'd like to see more of me? Sorry, no slips for you. (She's making a reference to a "nip-slip". )

Extra Notes
- When using the "dance" emote, Freesia stops dancing and actually takes a moment to rest.

Skin Ideas
Arcade Freesia - Based heavily off Dance Dance Revolution.
Feedback on this will be appreciated. But please, be civil with your comments.

EDIT: Made many changes to Freesia thanks to feedback from AdaptiveCoffee. Bottom line, Freesia's "Spirit Link" ultimate turned out to be a toxic design since it could be detrimental to teammates if used wrong. I gave her a new ultimate, but this involved also shifting around a lot of power. Additionally, to give Freesia different utility, I've given her a new E skill that's kinda like Urgot's ultimate, only a slow short-ranged skillshot.

EDIT2: Gave Spirit Samba a major overhaul to be more like Yasuo's Sweeping Blade. Now you can spam it SUPER-rapidly, but watch that mana cost! It's probably not balanced yet, though, so feedback!

Let me know what you think of the changes.

Cant Blind This

11-01-2013

i could see some r34 of this

BrattyRuffles

11-01-2013

-raises eyebrows-

Typhnox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

mfw OP doesnt mention evelynn, who is a battledancer type :c

Emperor Veigar

11-01-2013

at least the art team won't have to spend time rendering clothes

TTPuncher

11-01-2013

I like those. I mean her.

Vieryn

11-01-2013

I like the detail you put into her and her kit is very uniform. It's not random abilities slopped together, there are clear combos to be applied and strategies to be exploited.

Love this

Im Magnificent

Wishing Umbreon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

This is one of the few fan made concepts I really like.

The dancer type champion that first came to mind was like an anti-Sona with debuff auras. It's similar to Final Fantasy Tactics A2's dancer class being an anti bard. The bard in that game buffed allies and the dancer debuffed enemies.

Skyhawke

11-01-2013

wrong forum

1234511 ... 21