How are people doing so well with Sivir?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soul of Infirc

11-02-2013

i've been doing this (on the LAN server)Sivir+Jungle trundle+a Poke mid that cans care the guys away, once we're level 11 and one of the eneies is forced to back the turrets die in 3 seconds

Sh3n0

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourEffortsAreIn View Post
Because that's actually an incorrect statement and Jinx's AoE really isn't all that great for anything outside of killing minions that you intentionally grouped up.

Don't what was with the downvotes; it's true. The AoE is nice but it's pretty minor so unless the enemy team is either A: retarded at positioning in a teamfight or B: you have an ori who hits a good ult you're usually just going to hit 2 targets at best.

When it comes to teamfights (and to a lesser extent, creepwaves), sivir has much more ability to hit multiple targets with ricochet than jinx does with fishbones.
Runaan's OP.

Raptoreyes

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Sivir isn't a duelist.

She's incredible at buffing her team, pushing/wave clear, and AoEing in a team fight.
Carry champs that can't duel well are rarely picked in solo queue because without something like Skype their is often little REAL team play. Don't misunderstand me I do NOT want built in voice over IP in league as reading some of the garbage I end up reading before pressing the mute button is enough. Just saying that Sivir will likely not be popular if she has to glue herself to a COMPETENT tank or Support to be effective. Vayne can be effective 2v1 no competent team mates necessary much of the time. THIS is why most players especially at mid to low tier find the Sivir rework a failure. I know I wont play her again she indeed feels week at some of the most emotionally satisfying parts of the game.

Weirding

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanthar View Post
Sivir is a bit like warwick. Many people massively underestimate how much team wide buffs help win games.
This is why Gangplank is such a good pick in AD-heavy comps too.

sniperwlf

11-02-2013

I think its got to do with her shield bug. Rito needs to fix thissap
a

sayhisam1

11-16-2013

I hate sivir because she absolutely wrecks a twitch in lane. He needs his E to do a damage burst, and his W to add stacks to use that burst faster. Her mana shield, however, completely wrecks twitch burst, and he is forced to play passively. If he does this, sivir will outfarm, as she can just harass with boomerang all day if twitch goes to farm.

I find playing against a sivir as twitch to be incredibly devastating and an automatic lost lane.

akaru12177

11-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Sivir isn't a duelist.

She's incredible at buffing her team, pushing/wave clear, and AoEing in a team fight.
sorry but i gotta point out, if anyone else (non rioter) were to say that, they would have gotten maybe 5 upvotes. Perks of being a ritoer huh Tons of Damage? :3