How are people doing so well with Sivir?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooking Carnage

11-01-2013

Just last night I went 10/0/16 on pvp (I should mention it's on the Latin American server though) If you watched lcs or worlds you might have heard of the "Legolas build" basically rush BT and LW, her damage is absurdly high, from there, just poke poke poke.

ToneMapode

11-01-2013

I played my first game with her last night. I really enjoy her changes.

I actually rushed Tri-Force right off the bat and did really well with it. Give it a try.

Knight Auditor

11-01-2013

People underestimate her early burst damage when she lands a proper Q, AA, W AA-reset. Throw in a well-timed E and she can brute force her way through trades and hunt them down with her passive -or her R- and the range on her Q. That thing falls off, but until it does it's a bloody cudgel that people notice when they take it in the face.

CynicalGiant

11-01-2013

What do I max first on Sivir? Second?

Knight Auditor

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalgiant View Post
what do i max first on sivir? Second?
r > q > w > e

Snaplasher

11-01-2013

Build caster Sivir, proceed to Ricochet teams into oblivion with a 3 second cooldown.

BallsandTits

11-01-2013

She is amazing at laning, bullying, and baiting the bottom lane. Her W is cheap to pretty much use at will without a ton of thought and can clear whole creep waves with a 80% attk speed buff, granted it doesnt do a ton of damage early on. Her boomerang more than makes up for that early game. Her bubble is ungodly good, zero mana cost.. lets see bait blitz, walk on traps, eat a spear, caitlyn's q, graves shotgun thing, tfs cards, ezs q lol it is the best and get some mana all for it. Talk about pushing lanes like a madman, then bait the jump, then boomerang to kill. GG.

XxxLumberJackxxX

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Sivir isn't a duelist.

She's incredible at buffing her team, pushing/wave clear, and AoEing in a team fight.
Sorry I had to downvote this...

I haven't seen her lose a lane yet.
I started banning her early on yesterday

ZeroKuno

11-01-2013

Dude...only her teamfighting ability has increased dramatically. She still plays the same in the lane besides her being able to PUSH even harder now.

Nothing on her numbers got changed it's like people now get on the train on Sivir Q hitting like a truck when her numbers on Q NEVER got changed.

Real.

EDIT: Also AD Caster Sivir was done long before just because you could spam Q and W and have a 5 sec Spellshield. If you got a Banshees you'd get the ability to block 2 spells.
It's like the same syndrome when Ezreal got his PFE skin and people discovered how his W was actually useful in lane.

Meph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
What do I max first on Sivir? Second?
Start Boomerang Blade and get as much as you need in it to keep enemies at bay in lane. While the R>Q>W>E is surefire, you will be best served in duels and team fights and wave clear and tower killing if you can sneak more points into W earlier. I find myself getting at least 2 points in Q, usually 3-4, and then I want to try and pump W. Have often found myself at 4/4/1/1 by level 10.

The rational here is that Boomerang Blade has a big psychological effect. You're going to force people to move just from the fear of it hitting them twice. Even if it's rank 2, and not rank 5. This allows you to land a basic attack, refresh your timer with a quick W, benefit from the passive MS and the On the Hunt passive attack speed, and easily trade your 3 hasted Ricochets while that person is dodging your soft little Boomerang Blade. It's not that Boomerang Blade does bad damage (it does more reliable damage point for point with W, if you hit a target twice), it's just that it also has the hidden utility for causing enemies to have to micro around it.