Summoner Stats

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

07-02-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We are aware of certain issues surrounding viewing your summoners stats, and are working to correct them.

sineltor

08-01-2009

Speaking of which; why are losses perminantly recorded?

From a game design point of view, it disincentivises experimentation with champions and item builds because any losses you may incur go on your perminant record.

Teran

08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sineltor View Post

From a game design point of view, it disincentivises experimentation with champions and item builds because any losses you may incur go on your perminant record.
I could be wrong, but given the competitive nature of this game, I suspect stats will be reset in a seasonal rotation along with ladder rankings. It just seems logical for a game of this type... so they aren't really permanent.

darkfrog

08-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teran View Post
I could be wrong, but given the competitive nature of this game, I suspect stats will be reset in a seasonal rotation along with ladder rankings. It just seems logical for a game of this type... so they aren't really permanent.

I think this would make the most sence. I believe this would make people more likly to select more then just their confort base selection of heros because they would have a chance to get a better record next "season."

Ven

Adjudicator

08-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sineltor View Post

That's what practice games are for, experimenting.

emperorsean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2009

I dont like the system. A simple win/lose doesn't account for personal score or leavers. I've had games where I was 17/2 or something, but we lost the 3v5 because they backdoored and we were too few to do anything about it.

Maven

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorsean View Post
I dont like the system. A simple win/lose doesn't account for personal score or leavers. I've had games where I was 17/2 or something, but we lost the 3v5 because they backdoored and we were too few to do anything about it.

I agree. That does kinda stink. I was playing the other day and two players on the other team disconnected early on, then about halfway in the other two left, leaving just one guy to play 5v1. It was really not a pretty sight. He played pretty well too, but had to take the loss because of the idiot teammates he had.

IMO if a game goes longer than 5 minutes the winning team should get the win under any circumstance. If (under any circumstances) the losing team is down by more than two players (e.g. 5v2, 4v1) they should not get a loss in my book. It's not likely their fault that they lost the match, but rather that their team mates leaving lost it for them. The case of down by 2 or more players is debatable because because a 5v3 is certainly manageable if played correctly, however a 3v1 and 4v2 situation is almost impossible because the defending team can't cover all lanes.

Just my $0.02.

It is a BETA after all....

AdmiralKrunk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorsean View Post
You can still get influence points if you do that well, though.

I personally think that not recording win/loss stats or resetting them just makes the game pointless, like when new, better gear constantly makes your old gear pointless in MMOs. It gives you a sense of achievement. If you want to try something new then go into a practice game.

However, when it comes to ladder games it makes sense that they would reset the score, or at least reset the ranking every season. Therefore, if you do really bad one season you won't have it haunt you in the next one.

Profeta

08-27-2009

07-02-2009

Ecrasher

09-04-2009

Quote:
IMO if a game goes longer than 5 minutes the winning team should get the win under any circumstance. If (under any circumstances) the losing team is down by more than two players (e.g. 5v2, 4v1) they should not get a loss in my book. It's not likely their fault that they lost the match, but rather that their team mates leaving lost it for them. The case of down by 2 or more players is debatable because because a 5v3 is certainly manageable if played correctly, however a 3v1 and 4v2 situation is almost impossible because the defending team can't cover all lanes.
Just my $0.02.

It is a BETA after all....

well cant help it u win or u lose one of the other just because our team mates leave us we cant stop the other team winning its inevitable

that's life **** happens learn to pick it up!!!!!

and yes its beta we are to test