Riot, you failed hard with Jarvan DA FOURTH

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MisterTitanic

10-31-2013

Name:  Jarvan4_PCG.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  66.8 KB

That was from the exclusive sneak preview of Jarvan Da Fourth.

You know, BADASS PRINCE OF DEMACIA.

CHALLENGE OPPONENTS TO 1V1 DUELS TO DA DEATH

HURLS FLAGS THROUGH CHEST, AND WHEN THEY FALL OVER IT'S LIKE RAISING THE FLAG OF DEMACIA.

Jarvan was literally the most hyped champion in forever. This dude had an entire thread dedicated to how badass he was. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...d.php?t=548180

He was supposed to kick ass, and take names.

He wasn't supposed to be some sort of tanky support waiter peasant who cleaned the forest and helped his teammates get fed because he's some sort of support.

Teammates? Jarvan da Fourth wasn't supposed to need no stinkin teammates. He was supposed to stick his flag up your ass and have it come out your mouth before singing the demacian national anthem.

Right now, Jarvan is some sort of support bi tch. Dropping wards and shyt. Giving away his kills to teammates. What is he, a spineless commie?

His ultimate was supposed to be an epic duel to the death. And when Jarvan 4 killed them (and he would), the demacian would play 3 times, summoners rift would hold a moment of silence, and everyone would bow to the great PRINCE JARVAN.

Now Jarvan is in a pitiful state. He's like the foot rest. Sounds like the white dude who tries to be a hero in some cheesy movie, "don't worry about me guys, i'm okay!". Might as well make him skip through the flowers and binge on chocolate ice cream when vayne tumbles through his ult.

This is not a post about balance. Just a post about how hard Jarvan fails thematically.

So Riot, how about we make Jarvan less support jungle bi tch and more kick your ass and takes name supergod

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2013

J4 is quite capable of doing a lot of damage. It's just the jungle doesn't give enough gold to support this style of play.

FungalRimjob

10-31-2013

That's why I take Jarman up top.

Poisonpowder

10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTitanic View Post
So Riot, how about we make Jarvan less support jungle bi tch and more kick your ass and takes name supergod
Go lane J4
rush Cleaver + Giant's Belt
Build Trinity Force after upgrading Giant's Belt
1v1 basically anyone

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2013

Midlane heavy AD burst Jarvan does massive amounts of MANDAMAGE, exactly as described in preview.

But its still not as good as having him be support jungle *****.

MisterTitanic

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
Midlane heavy AD burst Jarvan does massive amounts of MANDAMAGE, exactly as described in preview.

But its still not as good as having him be support jungle *****.
His cataclysm was nowhere near the duel to the death that everyone expected. And it's nowhere near a 1v1. It's more like a whoever gets caught versus whoever else got caught while ranged champions blow their AoE.

And ass-kicking is about damage

LtSmashFSP

11-01-2013

Ravenous Hydra Frostborn Gauntlet Spirtvisage Randuins omen merc treads and Warmogs. 4k health and enough burst to kill an ADC with a properly spaced combo. I have done a one v three against a mid laner adc and support before the warmogs and still came out with 1k health and a triple kill. After dumpstering your enemy shen you should be able to kill his jinx while he watches and tries to save her. Seriously this build stomps faces and allows for so many EQ combos the longer the fights go and they will last cuz every knock up pust it in your favor and the Aoe combo of hydra plus gauntlet is insane. Try this on top lane J4 and tell me you dont love it. Max Q first.

009Deathwolf

11-01-2013

For demacia badass prince da fourth!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fierce Deity

11-01-2013

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that jarvan isn't as bad ass as he should feel. He's just E-Q combo and that's it, wait for cd and then rinse and repeat, that's why he cant duel anyone.

His passive isn't killer. It's a wanna be bortk. But you got to wait every 6 seconds, so you got to choose other champs to use on it since its on cd, hes just a support tank, used to lower hp and set up kills.

Ragebeard Manric

11-01-2013

Someone has never played Top/Mid Jarman. He's totally capable of doing stupid damage and kicks the **** out of a lot of top laners.