what are league points

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pikmints

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

League points will rise if your team is victorious in a ranked match. They will be deducted if you lose a match or dodge.

At 100 points you will enter a promotion series which you need 2/3 victories to get promoted to the next tier, 3/5 victories if you are in a promotion series to go to the next division. Leaving games during your promotion series counts as a loss. If you lose a promotion series you will lose a small portion of your current LP.

Individuals can go below 0 LP, most commonly through dodging. If a player has 0 LP "and you lose enough games" (League Wiki) you will get demoted. If you are tier 5 in any division, you can't get demoted to the previous division unless you go inactive for a long time or undergo LP decay.

AndrewDoingWork

11-01-2013

im at -103, will i be demoted soon?

Turtle vs Beaver

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewDoingWork View Post
im at -103, will i be demoted soon?
I've heard it doesn't affect MMR so you basically can dodge all day and have to wait for decay before you actually go down instead of dodging till bronze 5

AndrewDoingWork

11-01-2013

i was under the impression that to be demoted through divisions u have to decay after the 28 day period, but between the I, II, III, IV and V that losing lp and the points makes u go down. but if u lose points via champ select dodge, wouldnt that also move u down the I, II, III etc?

AndrewDoingWork

11-01-2013