Old Olaf, slightly OP at the highest levels of play

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The best thing I could find on really quick research was the NA LCS qualifiers (not the same skill tier as Season 3 World Championships, but still a rather important official event), which had Olaf as the #8 most contested pick, the #2 top laner behind Shen, and a 72% win rate across 18 games.

Edit: And I just want to say again, that I'm not saying "NO GUYS VAYNE IS PERFECTLY FINE STOP IT." I'm simply trying to make claims have accuracy. If she actually becomes the most dominant ADC and everyone's playing her and dominating with her in real life, then so be it. I'm only speaking to evidence.
Of all the things that make me think old Olaf was OP... this isn't one of them. In fact, according to those statistics he was actually pretty well balanced and merely had a good day. Also, NA? Come on.

Soul of Infirc

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails66 View Post
I really still don't remember Olaf being pick/banned that much but maybe thats me.

Only one person I can even think of that played Olaf really well was Voyboy.
Every Korean team ever first pciked Olaf either top or jungle during season 2 worlds and tournaments, then Na started doing that during the Pre-season tourneis and he was literal first pic orban on every region before the nerfs.one could realiably say that Olaf soloed Seaosn 2 worlds.

Magni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
If you're referring to the "highest levels of play" you should look at top-tier tournament games. In fact, in the Season Three World Championship, she was a respectable #18 most picked/banned champion, going 8 wins, and 8 losses, appearing in champion select less than 35% of the time.

So you know, horrendously overpowered and gets picked every game.
And that 35% appearance is still more than can be said for two thirds of the champions in this game.