@Riot Can you alteast give new Nasus's ult a similiar sand aura ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophitia

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I had gotten a more Anubis vibe myself, but I'm really not the best source for this information.

Someone will likely have to answer this question better than I will but one thing to point out is that Nasus was never actually sand-based in any direct way. He sucks your power directly from you. None of his powers are actually sand-based. Once I had that explained to me, I was like "Oh... Yeah you're right!"
But... Nasus is a lot like Anubis, which is an Egyptian God (thus why he has the Pharaoh skin) i.e., the sand tie in.

takeshi85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

That moment when you realize that the game files mention his ult to actually be "Avatar of Death"

Where's your sand now?

sunfire cape inc

11-01-2013

The Curator of sands . . . I guess you're right, he does have nothing to do with sand.

SanSarra

11-01-2013

Quote:
I had gotten a more Anubis vibe myself, but I'm really not the best source for this information.

Someone will likely have to answer this question better than I will but one thing to point out is that Nasus was never actually sand-based in any direct way. He sucks your power directly from you. None of his powers are actually sand-based. Once I had that explained to me, I was like "Oh... Yeah you're right!"
Ok...

Then... Why is Nasus' R called: "Fury of the sands" ? :l

Penguin Toast

11-01-2013

There are a couple reasons why I think sand particles would make sense. The first being his title "Curator of the Sands" implying the desert. His classic skin even resembles Egyptian markings, not to mention the Pharaoh skin is undoubtedly Egyptian. All of the Chinese artwork for Nasus shows him being in deserts/controlling sand around him. Also, he is in direct reference to the Egyptian Anubis which is also desert/sand related. It's not something that would make or break my decision to play as him(will still be playing him regardless because the VU looks amazing), but adding sand would definitely make sense given the background information.

XxxxxWINTERxxxxX

11-01-2013

But isnt Nasus the 'Curator of the Sands', how does that have nothing to do with sand lol.

Even if by sands you mean the desert, Shurima, or something similar, they all still are heavily known for containing sand. It defines them and is even in Nasus' title, why not let him have a sandstorm like he did before?

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonkeybutt View Post
This, its Anubis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis

Anubis is the god of the after life. "I bring death."

He would take your heart and weigh it on a scale compared to a feather. If it was heavy with...sin or guilt or greed or something along those lines, it would be eaten and you would fall into the underworld. Something like that. "Your spirit will be measured."
I think it was more along the lines of your soul would cease to exist entirely IIRC

Zirconium

11-01-2013

sand-wyrm incoming, confirmed on phreak post

passive: 15% of total armor = additional AD, as well as +1.5 movementspeed per 5 armor.
q: spitsandatu: spits sand at u. u start to lose health every sekond because u skin rly unhealthy as it begins to dry up from all da sand on u. initial base damage 20/30/40/50/60(+ 1*armor)... there is bleeding effect which means ur health being lost b/c u are not using dove lotion like qtdong.. u lose 20 health(+1*armor) per second for 5 seconds.

w: underthesand: goes under the sand (burrows) for 2 seconds.. has a 1,350unit radius to move within as well as +3% ms during this time. (press w again to come up from da sand), and do +20/30/40/50/60 damage(+.35*armor) and knock up anyone directly above u.

e: sandshield: sand-wyrmbro uses internal vacuums/fans to blow sand around him. this sand acts as additional armor/magic resistnace. (+30/50/70/90/110) armor/mr for 2.696 seconds.

r: sandstorm: sand-wyrmbro uses intenral vacuums/fans to rely pick up the heat and throws sand everywhere around it for 400 radius. evry1 in radius damaged for 100/125/150 true damage/second for 5 seconds becuz this sand rly hurts this time. this sand also slow down enemies for 44%/60%/76% for 3 seconds. this slow does not change over the 3 seconds. after sandstorm ends, sand wyrm cuts itself into 4 pieces: 3 pieces are small sandwyrms and 4th piece is da rude, big wyrm (u are this 1 and u ctrl the 3 others). for 8 seconds u can press r again to launch small sandwyrms at enemies which do damage for 10/30/50 (+ .2*armor) damage. ult cooldown 160/140/120

Jannas Thong

11-01-2013

Quote:

Fury of the sands isn't sand based? What the **** are you talking about?

CURATOR OF THE SANDS?

YoshiStampedeBlu

11-01-2013

His q now feels clunky (much slower) compared to live. Intended?