@Riot Can you alteast give new Nasus's ult a similiar sand aura ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ntencti

11-01-2013

Quit making him into a mage with the whole dark circle, doesnt have anything to do with sands.

Iklo

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntencti View Post
Quit making him into a mage with the whole dark circle, doesnt have anything to do with sands.
I saw it more as an egyptian god figure rather than a mage like being. The god Set is largely a figure that Nasus has been portrayed after, atleast art wise(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(mythology)) and is the god of disorder. I think the ult really brings out the true meaning of god, im sure if they update Renekton he will have a similar ult to Nasus, maybe it will be red instead of purple.

Also the color purple is a commonly used archetypal tactic to resemble power and royalty. I think it fits Nasus perfectly.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-01-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
I saw it more as an egyptian god figure rather than a mage like being. The god Set is largely a figure that Nasus has been portrayed after, atleast art wise(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(mythology)) and is the god of disorder. I think the ult really brings out the true meaning of god, im sure if they update Renekton he will have a similar ult to Nasus, maybe it will be red instead of purple.

Also the color purple is a commonly used archetypal tactic to resemble power and royalty. I think it fits Nasus perfectly.
I had gotten a more Anubis vibe myself, but I'm really not the best source for this information.

Someone will likely have to answer this question better than I will but one thing to point out is that Nasus was never actually sand-based in any direct way. He sucks your power directly from you. None of his powers are actually sand-based. Once I had that explained to me, I was like "Oh... Yeah you're right!"

Maxilimus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I had gotten a more Anubis vibe myself, but I'm really not the best source for this information.

Someone will likely have to answer this question better than I will but one thing to point out is that Nasus was never actually sand-based in any direct way. He sucks your power directly from you. None of his powers are actually sand-based. Once I had that explained to me, I was like "Oh... Yeah you're right!"
He was sand based, just not "desert sand" but "sand in an hourglass" sand. The sands of time is what empowers him. Its the power to age someone with the sand+locust particles, and the empowerment of his ult.

Elewd

11-01-2013

Quote:

but fury of the sands D: why no sandstorm :[ what about renekton will his get changed in the future?

Albiros

11-01-2013

Wait till we get Nasus's and Renekton's sibling. I bet he/she has something to do with sand :}
There was a mention that he might be the next champion released on SurrenderAt20.

amonkeybutt

11-01-2013

Quote:

This, its Anubis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis

Anubis is the god of the after life. "I bring death."

He would take your heart and weigh it on a scale compared to a feather. If it was heavy with...sin or guilt or greed or something along those lines, it would be eaten and you would fall into the underworld. Something like that. "Your spirit will be measured."

Orissan

11-01-2013

Sand swirling over the symbol would be nice. I just want to see some movement in it.

HateDaddy

11-01-2013

His ult is fine. Everything with the VU is actually top notch. Keep up the good work Riot. =]

hangman401

11-01-2013

Quote:

Does that mean we're getting a sand based champion next?