New PBE Changes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stofen

10-31-2013

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/26226-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-10-31-2013-nasus-vu

Okay so there is a CRAPTON of changes going on. What I'm finding worrying are all these "support" changes. I was under the assumption that supports needed help: how does gutting their ap ratios help this? Lets check Soraka for instance:

Soraka

• Base health increased to 405 (was 375)
  • Health per level increased to 76 (was 71)
  • Base Armor increased to 9.4 (was 7.4)
-Base health, health per level, and armor increased. Good so far and she now ALMOST has 10 armor. Too bad it gets rounded down.

New Passive: Salvation: Soraka's health and mana restoring abilities are 1% more effective for each 2% health or mana the target is missing.

-New passive: Increases healing and mana restoring, which will work pretty good now considering we don't have the -20% healing aura. I am gonna miss the free mr though...

Starcall
  • Magic Resistance reduction changed to 6 at all levels + 0.01 AP (was 8-12)
  • Mana cost changed to 30-70 (was 20-80)
  • If Starcall hits at least one enemy champion Astral Blessing's cooldown is reduced by 5%/6.25%/7.5%/8.75%/10%
-Ouch...Well she shreds 6 mr at all levels now with a pathetic .01 ap ratio. I mean going from 12 to 6 seems pretty unreasonable even with the 10% cd reduction since all it does is make you have to cast twice as often to get up to par to the old value.

Astral Blessing
  • Healing reduced to 70-270 (from 70-350) + 0.35 (from +0.45)
  • Armor granted now scales with AP (0.15 ratio)
  • Armor duration reduced to 2s (was 3s)
  • Base armor changed to 50-110 (was 25-105)
  • Lowered mana cost to 80-160 (was 80-200)
-Early game still the same but the level 5 looks pretty weak sauce. She heals for 80 points less and gained a grand smacking 5 armor boost. For 2 seconds. At least it's a .15 ap ratio! Hopefully the passive makes up for it...

Infuse
  • Allied cast changed to give an ally 20/40/60/80/100 mana + donate 5% of Soraka's max mana (was 40-200 for no cost)
  • Can no longer be cast on allies who do not use mana or are already at max mana
  • Enemy cast changed to deal damage equal to 40/70/100/130/160 + 5% of Soraka's max mana + 0.4 AP (was 50-250 + 0.6 AP)
  • Added a spell effect from Soraka to her target
-So I'm guessing they want to give her the Ryze treatment and make her a mana bruiser? If that's the case they should've probably given her some mana ratios on her other abilities on top of the embarrassing ap ratios.

Wish
  • Healing reduced to 150-350 (from 200/320/440) + (0.55 (from +0.7))
  • Now affects untargetable allies
-Vlad loves him some woman/goat/thing!

Anyways you guys can check the other changes for yourselves if you want. Taric got the Malphite treatment with some health and armor scaling while sacrificing his yummy ap ratios. Janna's tornado just got a chunk of base damage chopped off and a few other things. Nami got... stuff changed around not really noteworthy. Oh poor sona, you got a .2 ap ratio on power chord and just had everything else gutted; my eyes hurt from just looking at those changes. And don't worry, the nerf bat did not forget Lulu, but she kinda deserved so it's k.

So what do you guys think? While I personally think this is a tragedy in the making I've been wrong oh so many times before. That and this is the PBE so they'll probably mess with these numbers quite a bit before release. Probably. Hopefully. PLEASE.

Oh and how could I forgot the most important change in that huge wall of text.
Entropy Item Cost: 3475 Recipe Cost: 600
OHMAHGAWD25GCHEAPER

PS: Be gentle it's my first real thread.

Tortferngatr

10-31-2013

Soraka: The passive means that if Soraka ults an allied 1 HP Trynd, he's getting a heal of slightly less than 525+0.825 AP. W-ing that same Trynd gives 405+.525 AP heal.

It means her heals actually have to be *clutch* to be most useful. She's otherwise encouraged to save them to abuse the massive armor boost from W.

Soraka transferring mana to allies is thematic and gives Soraka a competitive niche (mana battery) that also restrains her from being an infinite wellspring of mana (negating it as a factor altogether).

I definitely think that she's a better character now. And god ****ing damn YES on the "can't target manaless allied champs" restraint.

The only thing I hate is the silence (absolute instant silence doesn't necessarily promote good gameplay, and does Kassadin REALLY need the boost to synergy by being able to work with Soraka to chain silence a target?).

I'll comment on others later.

AlatarFD

10-31-2013

Revive is going to be Dominion only. So maybe they could work on that summoner spell around Dominion.

Nexus Crawler

10-31-2013

I'm actually most curious about that Support item that that gives your lane mate minion gold + 5 for killing a minion.

Break down, you have a AoE support that's good at farming like Soraka, and you get that? You're pushing and clearing waves no problem while you're lane mate is getting even more income than you are? That seems way broken without some sort of internal cooldown.

iPooUnicorns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
I'm actually most curious about that Support item that that gives your lane mate minion gold + 5 for killing a minion.

Break down, you have a AoE support that's good at farming like Soraka, and you get that? You're pushing and clearing waves no problem while you're lane mate is getting even more income than you are? That seems way broken without some sort of internal cooldown.
I'm going to main support j4 with that item.

A Slime Appears

10-31-2013

Supports are getting nerfed because in S4 they will be getting much more gold, and they were balanced around being ward/cc bots with no items.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2013

Really hard to evaluate these support changes. It looks like nerfs because the damage ratios get hit pretty hard (good god Janna nerf), but it may be ok because of the extra utility? Really hard to judge.

Janna/Lulu/Sona can all stand to take some nerfs. The Janna and Lulu ones look pretty hard, while the sona one was a bit more reasonable. Janna may fall back into the only-with-ad-carry role people used to think she was in.

That lulu movement speed might get a little nutty though. I look forward to that.

Taric got his AP burst option taken away for better tank stuff. I approve. New passive is better than the weird mana one, too.

Nami loses some of her burst damage (which was her strength previously), but her W is greatly improved late game. Will have to see how it pans out, but it looks promising.

Soraka changes I think are pretty substantial buffs. Soraka only really works if her Q is an effective offensive spell. Shifting some of the power out of her heals will help her a lot in dominion. The imbue change is a bit weird, but I guess it's a clear max-last skill now.

Rachael Passive

10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlatarFD View Post
Revive is going to be Dominion only. So maybe they could work on that summoner spell around Dominion.
what? why did they makeover revive just for dominion then?

Nexus Crawler

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael Passive View Post
what? why did they makeover revive just for dominion then?
Because Riot Pheonix a VFX artist plays Dominion now. I helped the guy out and posted some of the usual Dominion learning stuffz. ^^

Sakuri Ono

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
While the sona one was a bit more reasonable...
Bull. Droppings.

Sona already had to work her rear end off to get anything resembling reasonable damage in a team fight. Semi-fragile build, risky positioning, near-perfect ability range mastery; without those she's either dead or doing the damage equivalent of poking an armorer bear with a termite-ridden stick. Even with the old Hyper Sonic build (before Manwolf killed it) she had a wide window of vulnerability following any form of burst and even then it could only outright blast a fragile mage or AD carry. Anything even semi-bulky required multiple blast to become noticeable.

Between Sweeper being gutted of damage and MS and these nerfs almost literally cutting all of her damage ratios in half (on top of nerfing an already expensive and semi-weak heal; and the .2AP on PC is laughable as a 'countering buff')...yeah, no. I think I'm done in S4 if these go through as is. Not a fan of having to play aura-mule just because SR players can't stand to build a pinch of MR in their busy laning lives.