Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Janna's Howling Gale

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senior Recruiter

12-16-2010

Janna's Howling Gale move requires you to listen carefully for the sound so you dont get knocked around by it. Now I dont know about you guys, but I like to listen to heavy metal rock music when I PVP. Can there be some other indication besides just a sound on this one or am I doomed to music-less rounds when Janna is on the enemy team?

sildan

12-16-2010

You can always look for a swirling patch of air on the ground.

Josh de Tonreau

12-16-2010

this sounds like a personal problem.

Disquiet

12-16-2010

It only travels slightly faster than a skillshot. So... avoid it when you see it?

If you're playing against a Janna and laning against her as well, you should always be moving, so she has more trouble trying to tag you with it, and will do it less to save mana.

Just don't let her get into the bushes, and you'll be golden.

Senior Recruiter

12-16-2010

Quote:
DarkCorvus:
It only travels slightly faster than a skillshot. So... avoid it when you see it?

If you're playing against a Janna and laning against her as well, you should always be moving, so she has more trouble trying to tag you with it, and will do it less to save mana.

Just don't let her get into the bushes, and you'll be golden.

Thanks I'll do this stuff and see what happens.

Hevacalvecus

12-16-2010

Quote:
Unregistered:
Thanks I'll do this stuff and see what happens.

also, when she uses the skill, she gets oriented in the direction of the gust. try watching where she looks when she uses it.

Senior Recruiter

12-16-2010

I played a game and noticed she noticeably(at least early game) loses a chunk of her mana when she casts Howling Gale.

Esaru

12-17-2010

To be honest I need the sound effects while in game... It definitely provides a greater sense of what's going on around you than if you can't hear anything. I'd suggest leaving the sound effects on... this is a perfect reason why lol

Giltia Zero

12-17-2010

Rock on OP.

My natural strategy, and a highly effective one at that, when facing any skillshotter is to just keep moving. Move erratically, jump in to poke them a bit if you feel the need. But Morgana is easy to dodge. Stand behind minions. Blitzcrank? Stand behind minions. Lux? Stand behind two minions.

Heimer and Anivia? Their skillshots are slow. And Heimers in particular is really easy to see. Just learn which enemies have skillshots, and which are the most worrisome. Most, if not all skillshots can be dodged entirely by accident by simply moving around a lot.

A good opponent won't waste their mana on skillshots they probably can't land.

Janna in particular likes to fire her Gale so it'll hit the most minions. Just keep that in mind if you ever see the Gale forming. Janna likes to harass but she also doesn't want to spend all that mana for nothing.

Lighstagazi

Recruiter

12-17-2010

Turn the sound on. God kills a kitten every time Fiddles goes "phhhzzzZZZZZZZZZTTT" in the middle of the group and you don't notice.