PLEASE move the honor/ignore button on the Victory/Defeat screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oh No Bananas

11-04-2013

I'll throw out that I had no idea that Ignoring someone in my friends list would remove them from my friends list. I was trying to ignore someone in my playing group, not actually a friend of mine, actually someone I cant stand, but is very muchly a friend of a friend, so I was curious what would happen. BAM removed from FL...now here's where things get tricky, because our "friendship" was basically on edge before, I'm not going to bring it up, nor send another request, because in all honesty, I really don't like the guy. But I am rather certain that uncomfortable situation of my friend asking me to add the ignored friend to a game(which obviously i cant do) will come up, and I'll have to explain why he is no longer in my friends list....

Epjest

11-04-2013

Oh lord this would be a great change, about 2~ months ago I "ignored" a section of friends who were REALLY pissing me off that day. Took almost a week to figure out they were off my friends list and it wasn't just that they weren't logging in.

Qwert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaurnbarn View Post
I like this discussion. It seems like in-game, most people agree that ignore and unfriend should be separate. Especially since "mute" doesn't naturally seem to mean "remove." Out of game, it seems less clear, but, at the very least we don't want it to be easy to de-friend accidentally. Maybe if you're ignoring your friend, we could show a little mute icon in the friend list as a reminder, instead of removing them. I'll pass these suggestions along.
One of the more intuitive examples I have run into in the past is playing with a (very) drunk friend who is very obnoxious with chat/ping/emote amounts only while drunk. I don't want to hear his Trist joke spam while he is drunk, but I definitely don't want to unfreind sober him for drunk him's shenanigans.

Denebius

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaurnbarn View Post
I like this discussion. It seems like in-game, most people agree that ignore and unfriend should be separate. Especially since "mute" doesn't naturally seem to mean "remove." Out of game, it seems less clear, but, at the very least we don't want it to be easy to de-friend accidentally. Maybe if you're ignoring your friend, we could show a little mute icon in the friend list as a reminder, instead of removing them. I'll pass these suggestions along.
I think adjustments to both the in-game and out-of-game systems need made.

I agree that muting someone during a game should not de-friend them, however the issue I'm describing having to deal with as the reason for creating this thread was because it was done in the post-game victory/defeat screen. That is why I have posted this in this the PVP.NET discussion forum.

I believe the in-game change should simply be that muting doesn't mean you de-friend them.

And the out-of-game change should include one or all of the following:
- A confirmation box for ignoring someone out-of-game
- The same action as in-game, which is to say that muting does NOT de-friend
- Movement of the buttons in the post-game screen so that the mute/ignore and honor aren't right next to each other. This and/or the confirmation dialog prevents an accidental/careless click from causing unintended (and in this case, unfortunately negatively impactful) side-effects to occur, exacerbating a simple misclick.

Thank you :-)