PLEASE move the honor/ignore button on the Victory/Defeat screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaurnbarn View Post
Maybe ignoring shouldn't remove a friendship?
Please do this, I had a case earlier this year, where a friend accidentally hit ignore on me during on a game when they meant to ignore a toxic player (and undid it during the match), and yet it ended up preventing them for gifting me for my birthday, which they had gotten them pretty upset about having to be week or so late with their gift cause of it.

As I think a single click no confirmation function is dangerous to allow it to reset gifting timers.

ThornAlavarn

11-02-2013

Quote:
Maybe ignoring shouldn't remove a friendship? This is a request we get now and then, and I'm always conflicted because it seems more likely that when I block someone I also want them off my friend list. But I guess that's just me. It seems like there are legit use cases for ignoring a friend, and it might be the most straightforward solution to the accidental-ignore-breaks-gifting problem.
Yeah I'd love this. Happened to me and my friend a few days ago, now he can't gift me Kitty Kat Katarina or mystery gifts. :/

Henry Plainview

11-02-2013

Quote:
Maybe ignoring shouldn't remove a friendship? This is a request we get now and then, and I'm always conflicted because it seems more likely that when I block someone I also want them off my friend list. But I guess that's just me. It seems like there are legit use cases for ignoring a friend, and it might be the most straightforward solution to the accidental-ignore-breaks-gifting problem.
It makes zero sense for ignore to also remove from the friends list.

libnen

11-03-2013

Hey guys, I'd like to add to this conversation. I don't think muting someone in-game should mean I want to block them out of the game. If a game conversation gets too negative I always like to mute everyone so I can focus on my game instead, I harbor no hard feelings towards anyone in that game. I say this because even when I'm in a group with my friends sometimes we start yelling at each other so I mute them and I always forget this defriends them. Guys cmon! This is League of Legends, not league of lets take things personal, i just mute them for the specific game and then they think I defriended them.

Denebius

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by libnen View Post
Hey guys, I'd like to add to this conversation. I don't think muting someone in-game should mean I want to block them out of the game. If a game conversation gets too negative I always like to mute everyone so I can focus on my game instead, I harbor no hard feelings towards anyone in that game. I say this because even when I'm in a group with my friends sometimes we start yelling at each other so I mute them and I always forget this defriends them. Guys cmon! This is League of Legends, not league of lets take things personal, i just mute them for the specific game and then they think I defriended them.
This pretty much jives with what some other folks have expressed.

It sounds to me like there is a need for the ability to mute without defriending. /nod

Empyrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

I can think of many situations where muting your friends could be ok but not mean you want them removed from your friendlist.

1)They decide to be annoying and you want them to learn a lesson.
2)You dont want to see ANY CHAT in game. There are some days where you dont want to deal with people.
3)Accidents happen... Why would muting my friend remove them from my list... If i hate them for something in a game, i can just remove them AFTER the game finishes.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

Quote:
I'd rather just hit "/mute all" then have to figure out someone's name and type it in... a lot of trolls make their names long or hard to type. That doesn't mean I want to unfriend my buddy with whom I'm on voice chat... I think it makes no sense to unfriend someone just because of mute. I think it would be beneficial to change this.

bahamutkaiser

11-04-2013

Simple solution is to make friendship block off the ignore feature, if your friends with someone it shouldn't be easy to remove them from friends list. Alternately you can add a confirmation to ignoring someone if they are on your friends list stating that they will be removed from your friends list in the process, many ppl friend on a whim and don't find out they don't like them til later, so ignoring and removing them is possible, but you shouldn't be able to remove them from your friends list in the process of ignoring them without some sort of confirmation... that may be a little more difficult to process in game, but something could be done to remedy that, or just make in game ignore choices against friends temporary.

Vaurnbarn

Platform Engineer

11-04-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I like this discussion. It seems like in-game, most people agree that ignore and unfriend should be separate. Especially since "mute" doesn't naturally seem to mean "remove." Out of game, it seems less clear, but, at the very least we don't want it to be easy to de-friend accidentally. Maybe if you're ignoring your friend, we could show a little mute icon in the friend list as a reminder, instead of removing them. I'll pass these suggestions along.

Vortex IV

Recruiter

11-04-2013

Add me to the list of people who have accidentally deleted a friend because of that terrible button placement. Luckily it didn't mess up any gifting though.