Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kat does not seem viable anymore...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TychoVll

12-16-2010

Since kat has had her ult nerfed, she just doesn't seem to be able to do well anymore, and I really like her, it's bad enough that people would ignore me while I ulted, cause I did so little damage to them, even with plenty of ap...

I just don't think I will play Katarina anymore

SoulBlazerX

12-16-2010

Her ult was buffed not nerfed. The change is that she no longer good early game but dominating late game. You have to play her more defensively early on to do well. If you play kat though expect long matches if you want to win.

Zelax2

12-16-2010

Yeah she's useless it's not like iv won my past 10 games as her ...

The only thing I'm sad is there is only one build iv found that works well with her , and I kinda miss having three or four builds.

But the one build works much better then any of the other builds and I find shes much more useful to her team now as well.

Yay for Kat =)

Josh de Tonreau

12-16-2010

not that this guy knows what the **** hes talkin about or anything

CakeandBacon

12-16-2010

Quote:
SoulBlazerX:
Her ult was buffed not nerfed. The change is that she no longer good early game but dominating late game. You have to play her more defensively early on to do well. If you play kat though expect long matches if you want to win.

Sorta. I main Kat (I like to think I'm pretty good at it), and the hybrid change is sort of a mixed blessing.

Yes, the hybrid buff did help her late game. Now I can itemize Mpen outside of boots without gimping my ult damage. Also, building some AP no longer means that Bouncing Blade is a worthless poke. Building hybrid means that once you get some items, both BB and Shunpo do respectable amounts of damage.

Once you get items.

The problem is that Kat is a pretty crappy farmer until bouncing blade has some damage on it. The best way to get there is to grind someone down with Bouncing Blade until you can kill them, or force them to leave, resulting in some free last hitting time. With the damage nerf, though, and the awful AP ratio on BB, you need a lot of either AP or damage to harass effectively. So now you're getting pushed out of your lane not just by Pantheon or Sona (the other great laning champions), but by the squishy physical carries you used to be able to zone like a champ with BB harass. It's **** that the assassin-carry (Phreak called her a carry, not me) is beat out of a lane by the late game physical carry who can roflstomp late game.

If you have a good lane partner and can snag some kills and assists early, things go back to normal. You have some AP or damage (or both) and can start killing people. That said, her late game wasn't buffed enough to account for the nerf to early game damage.

Narssisstic

12-16-2010

Quote:
SoulBlazerX:

Hahahahaha.....

Sorry, I just know a REALLY aggressive Katarina that just carries us, he hasn't lost a game as her in a premade in 120 games.

TychoVll

12-17-2010

Quote:
SoulBlazerX:

It was? I would've sworn it was nerfed, but maybe I misread it

Thanks for the constructive feedback guys, ignoring the obvious trolls who marked it down